Capucin via ferrata in Mont-Dore (Puy-de-Dôme)
from 35 € / p. from 5 to 12 personsInfos & Booking
First public via ferrata in the Puy-de-Dôme department, the Capucin route offers you a beautiful and playful itinerary that climbs up to the summit of the Capucin mountain. Overlooking the Mont-Dore, you evolve in a wild environment and on a cliff which offers you an exceptional view on the valley of the Haute Dordogne and on the summit of the Puy du Sancy very close.
Three different routes with moderate difficulties (green = easy, blue = somewhat difficult and red = fairly difficult, for the more athletic) are possible. All of them are very well equipped and not very physical, and are perfectly suitable for a discovery of the activity, with family or friends.
From the parking lot, the approach walk follows a hiking trail in the forest, then another one on a balcony and finally arrives directly at the start of the via ferrata itself. The first part, common to all 3 routes, starts with a vertical pillar of about thirty meters high in good rock which gives a first vertiginous sensation. It continues with a less steep section, then a large traverse and another easy section before a first bifurcation: the green route continues easily on the left, while the blue and red routes propose a cable bridge, a footbridge, a second vertical pillar and a beam. A new choice is coming then: blue route on the left or red one on the right, to climb a rather steep and technical overhang, before the 3 options join to cross a cable bridge. The common final is easy and takes place on mixed terrain (rock, grass, earth) until the top of the Capucin where you can fully enjoy the exceptional panorama.
If you like vertical activities with sensations, I advise you to visit also the relatively close descent of the waterfalls of Cornillou by canyoning or the via ferrata of the Gorges du Haut Cher a little further north in the Allier.
- Meeting point in Le Mont-Dore, about 50 minutes drive from Clermont-Ferrand.
- Approach walk of 30 minutes to reach the start of the via ferrata.
- Duration of the course: 2 hours.
- Return walk of 20 minutes to reach the parking lot.
The price includes
- Supervision by the climbing instructor.
- Fees for access to the site.
- All the technical equipment necessary to practice the activity is provided: helmet, harness and via ferrata lanyard with energy absorber.
The price does not include
- Transport to/from the meeting place.
- Anything not mentioned in "The price includes".
No scheduled departure, but you can contact me to book your dates.Infos & Booking