Cornillou canyon (Montboudif, Cantal)
from 48 € / p. from 4 to 10 personsInfos & Booking
Located in the north of the Cantal department, the Cornillou canyon is a great one!
This course is not very long but it is no less interesting to enjoy a nice canyoning trip in Auvergne. Fed by the Gabacut stream which represents a catchment area of 32 kilometres, it is regulated upstream by a dam. Close to Clermont-Ferrand, it borders the departments of Puy-de-Dôme and Cantal.
Although the descent of the Cornillou canyon is fairly short in distance, it will leave you an excellent impression due to its steepness and the succession of three large basins and beautiful verticals passages.
You will have the opportunity to make numerous jumps (up to 8 meters high, but never mandatory because they can be bypassed), to abseil down and to slide down natural toboggans, including one that crosses a small siphon. Not forgetting the beautiful 25 metre zip line descent!
In short, this is a very fun canyon in a superb environment, which is suitable for everyone, perfect for family or group outings, to make an original seminar, an activity for the works council, a bachelor ou bachelorette party, etc. It is also particularly suitable for beginners who still want to have a thrill.
This itinerary may also be an opportunity to prepare yourself for other canyoning adventures.
The activity is accessible to children from the age of 10. You must be able to swim.
Remember to bring your swimming suit and sneakers.
And if you like vertical activities with sensations, I advise you to visit also the relatively close Capucin via ferrata in Mont-Dore.
- Meet in Condat, halfway between Aurillac and Clermont-Ferrand (about 1 hour and 20 minutes drive from either).
- Transfer to the canyon car park where we will gear up.
- Approach walk of about 15 minutes to reach the start of the canyon.
- Duration of the canyoning descent: approximately one hour.
- Return walk of 10 minutes along the tourist trail to the car park.
The price includes
- Supervision by the canyoning instructor.
- Technical equipment necessary for the practice of the activity: helmet, neoprene suit, harness, lanyards, belay device.
The price does not include
- Transport to/from the meeting place.
- Anything not mentioned in "The price includes".
No scheduled departure, but you can contact me to book your dates.Infos & Booking