Rock climbing and discovery in Escoma
from 158 € / p. from 1 to 10 personsInfos & Booking
The Bolivian (and Peruvian) altiplano that surrounds Lake Titicaca, north of the capital La Paz, reserves many beautiful places that will delight the most curious travellers. Little known to tourists, this region is nevertheless of an unsuspected cultural richness.
Thus, the climbing routes that surround the village of Escoma wind over orange-coloured overhanging rocks that look unpleasant but are actually quite accessible, as the rock is solid and rich in beautiful horizontal holds. These routes are ideal for learning techniques of traditionnal climbing.
If you want to continue your discovery of the climbing spots of Bolivia, I propose other stays which should interest you:
- a rock climbing trip in the Bolivian Altiplano,
- trad climbing in the Quimsa Cruz cordillera,
- climbing and archaelogical hiking in Peñas.
D1: Climbing on the Dragon Dormido and hot springs of Mina Matilde.
After driving 3 hours from La Paz, we go climbing on the steep rocky promontory on Titicaca lake known as Dragon Dormido. Some rock paintings and remains of ancient burials make the ride even more interesting. You then enjoy the delicious hot springs of the Mina Matilde and return to camp on the sandy beach of Dragon Dormido.
In the evening, you have a typical Lake Titicaca dinner.
D2: Traditional climbing in Escoma.
After a short transfer, you climb all day long on Escoma cliffs, on the banks of the Rio Suches.
On the program, multi pitch trad climbing routes up to 150 meters high.
On the way back, you visit the local carpentry school and the frescoes of the colonial church of Carabuco.
The price includes
- Supervision by the mountain guide.
- Private transport (La Paz / Escoma return trip).
- Typical meals and tasty and nutritious Andean snacks.
- Drinking water at will.
- Collective climbing equipment: rope, quickdraws, cams...
- Fees for spring.
- A small handcrafted souvenir.
- First aid kit.
- Tents and mattress.
|Number of participants||1||2 or 3||4 to 7||8 to 10|
|Price per person||344€||194€||177€||158€|
The price does not include
- Individual climbing equipment (helmet, harness, shoes).
- Sleeping bag.
- Insurance for climbing.
- Anything not mentioned in "The price includes".
No scheduled departure, but you can contact me to book your dates.Infos & Booking