Trad climbing in the Quimsa Cruz Cordillera
from 695 € / p. from 1 to 10 personsInfos & Booking
The small Quimsa Cruz Cordillera concentrates on a few square kilometres the most interesting granite climbing routes in the country. Although it is not very popular with foreigners because of its distance from the big cities, it has everything to please both beginners and experienced climbers.
The rock is solid and the base camp, sunny all afternoon and populated by large lazy vizcachas, is easily reached by vehicle. The altitude is lower than in other Andean massifs and the temperature is often pleasant.
The program below is provided as an example because the climbing possibilities are very varied. Do not hesitate to contact me directly, specifying your wishes and your level to obtain a personalized program. I am at your service :-)
D1: La Paz - Calamarca - Viloco - Kuchu Mocoya.
7 hours drive through mountains and mines to reach our camp. On the way, we visit the paintings of the church of Calamarca, curious cherubs armed with harquebus./p>
D2: Climbing at the Escuela de Vizcachas.
It's a small cliff at a short distance from the base camp (4230m). We update climbing and abseiling techniques as well as the use of cams.
D3: Multi pitch climbing route: "la Vertebra" ridge.
As its name suggests, it's a long, not too steep climb on beautiful, solid and rough rock. It culminates at 5000m exactly, for 400m of development with steps in 4+. The descent often requires one or two small abseils.
D4: Rest / day off in case of bad weather.
D5: Multi pitch route: Las Tenazas.
In spanish "the pincers", it's a beautiful granite wall that you climb through a line of cracks in good rock.
150m, a few steps in 6a.
The price includes
- Private transport La Paz - Kuchu Locoya (return trip)
- Supervision by the French-speaking mountain guide ( 1 guide / 2 persons)
- The cook and complete food (breakfast, lunch and dinner), with drinking water at will
- Tents and foam mattresses
- Collective equipment: ropes, cams,friends...
- Fees and other local charges
- A small handcrafted souvenir
- First aid kit, satellite phone...
|Number of persons||1||2 or 3||4 to 7||8 to 10|
|Price per person||1630€||930€||760€||695€|
The price does not include
- Return flight to La Paz
- Hotel in La Paz (but I'll be happy to help you book it)
- Sleeping bag and other individual mountaineering equipment (can be rented in La Paz at reasonable prices)
- In tent
No scheduled departure, but you can contact me to book your dates.Infos & Booking