"Roc du Cornillon" via ferrata (Aix-les-Bains, Savoie)
Duration : ½ day
France, Northern Alps
Level : slightly difficult
from 49 € / p. from 2 to 8 personsInfos & Booking
With a spectacular view on the lake of Bourget, you will be amazed by this via ferrata route of the Roc de Cornillon located in Savoie. I propose you here the sequence of the two parts of the via ferrata of the "Chat" mountain: the Primevère à oreille d'ours and the Rocher de Cornillon.
This course is accessible to all and constitutes a good approach of the activity with a rather vertiginous passage.
The first part of "la Primevère à oreille d'ours" is named after a rare spring plant present on the site and that you will have the opportunity to see. It consists of a long traverse from right to left, starting with several beams (sometimes very vertiginous) that help to cross dihedrals, then an original (and a bit impressive) inverted descending ladder and finally a tunnel of a few meters. The time to recover your senses, you continue with a small steep pillar, more beams and a cable bridge. This first section is then finished and an escape route eventually leads back to the parking lot.
The second easier part of the Roc de Cornillon allows you to continue the adventure by going on the compact slabs of the south face which alternate with comfortable ledges, all in a sometimes vertiginous atmosphere. The panorama is always magnificent until the final pillar which must be climbed for several dozen meters and whose summit marks the end of the via ferrata. A path then takes you to the Roc de Cornillon belvedere (don't miss the views of the surrounding mountains and peaks), then to the parking lot by the same route as on the way up.
And if you like this kind of adventure, I also recommend you the P'tchi via ferrata and the Grotte à Carret one on the other side of the Bourget lake.
- Meet at the parking lot of the Col du Chat, about 20 minutes to drive from Chambéry or Belley.
- 30 minutes of approach walking to reach the start of the via ferrata.
- Duration of the course: about 2 hours.
- 30 minutes of return walking to go back to the car park.
The price includes
- Supervision by the climbing instructor.
- Loan of safety equipment necessary for the practice of the activity (harness, helmet, via ferrata lanyards with shock absorber).
The price does not include
- Transport to the meeting point.
- Personal insurance.
- Anything not mentioned in "The price includes".
No scheduled departure, but you can contact me to book your dates.Infos & Booking