Artigue canyon (Auzat, Ariège)
Duration : 1 day
France, Occitania, Pyrenees
Level : sports, from 12 years old
from 69 € / p. from 4 to 8 personsInfos & Booking
Located in the department of Ariège and in the middle of the mountains, the Artigue is one of the most beautiful canyons in the Pyrenees.
At the foot of the Pic de Montcalm, the Artigue canyon offers you amazing landscapes in a sunny environment. In this magical place, facing the high Pyrenean summits, you will experience a descent rich in strong sensations in turquoise and transparent waters where jumps, slides, zip lines and abseils follow one another. All the ingredients are there to make you spend a magnificent and unforgettable day.
After a beautiful approach walk, the course begins with several small natural slides and then the first jump and abseiling. The descent continues with many jumps from 5 to 12 meters high (never mandatory because they can also be abseiled), big slides from 4 to 8 meters, abseils from 12 to 20 meters and swimming sections. And of course, let's not forget the 30 meter long mega zip line at the end of the route. The technicality of the obstacles and the steepness of the canyon are progressive, which is ideal to learn to manage your emotions.
This outing is possible from June to October depending on the water level.
- Meeting at 10am on the village square of Vicdessos, 30 minutes drive from Foix.
- Preparation of the material : 30 minutes.
- Approach walk of 45 minutes to reach the start of the canyon.
- Picnic at the water's edge.
- Descent of the canyon : approximately 3.5 hours.
- Return walk of 20 minutes to get back to the car.
The price includes
- Supervision by the canyoning instructor.
- A professional liability insurance cover, within the framework of the programmed activities.
- The loan of individual and collective equipment with CE standards:
- Belay device.
- 2-piece neoprene suit (5mm) with elbow and knee reinforcements.
- Suitable footwear.
- Small neoprene waistcoat in case of cold.
- Waterproof box and carry bag on request.
The price does not include
- Picnic, snacks and drinks.
- Transport to and from Vicdessos.
- Anything not mentioned in "The price includes".
No scheduled departure, but you can contact me to book your dates.Infos & Booking