Les Mounges discovery canyon (Haute-Ariège)
Duration : ½ day
France, Occitania, Pyrenees
Level : easy
from 45 € / p. from 4 to 8 personsInfos & Booking
Located in Haute-Ariège in the valley of Ax-les-Thermes, the canyon of Mounges is a small discreet canyon with a mountain charm. It is ideal to discover the canyoning activity in the Pyrenees.
This outing will give you the opportunity to learn how to abseil (from 10 to 20 meters high maximum), in the waterfall or out of the water. You will slide in a lying position on small and large natural toboggans, very fun. Finally, you will be able to jump from 3 to 8 meters high, but no worries, all are optional and nothing is mandatory.
This trip is possible from mid-May to mid-October depending on the weather.
Once you have mastered the basic techniques of canyoning, why not try a more challenging trip such as the Artigue canyon?
- Meeting at 9am or 2pm in front of the campsite of Mérens-les-Vals, 10 minutes drive from Ax-les-Thermes.
- Preparation of the equipment : 30 minutes.
- Approach walk of 15 minutes to the start of the canyon.
- Descent of the canyon : about 2.5 hours.
- Return walk of 10 minutes to the car park.
The price includes
- Supervision by the canyoning instructor.
- A professional liability insurance cover, within the framework of the programmed activities.
- Loan of individual and collective equipment with CE standards:
- Belay device.
- 2-piece neoprene suit (5mm) with elbow and knee reinforcements.
- Suitable footwear.
- Small neoprene waistcoat in case of cold.
- Waterproof box and carry bag on request.
The price does not include
- Snacks and drinks.
- Transport to and from Mérens-les-Vals.
- Anything not mentioned in "The price includes".
No scheduled departure, but you can contact me to book your dates.Infos & Booking