First wild bivouac in the Beaufortain (Savoie)
from 230 € / p. from 3 to 8 personsInfos & Booking
Come and live a unique 3-day experience in the mountains. Prepare your backpack, cook with a stove, learn to orientate yourself and set up a camp, this is the program of this mini bivouac-trek in the heart of the Beaufortain massif in Savoie.
During this stay we will take the time to live simply at the rhythm of nature, to share a nomadic life and to sleep in tents or under the stars. It will also be an opportunity to learn together the basic principles of mountain trekking. In this exceptional environment we will discover the local fauna and flora that will accompany us throughout this wild exploration.
Become autonomous in mountain bivouac.
This mini-course is particularly adapted to beginners but also to families wishing to know the basics of trekking and bivouacking in the mountains. We will cover the key notions to orientate and navigate in the mountains, prepare a route, organise a bivouac, manage water and food but also emergency situations.
Nothing will be left to chance, between collective decision making, workshops and role plays, you will have all the keys to organize your future explorations.
- A course with one of the most beautiful views of the Alps on the Mont Blanc.
- Discovery of the edible and medicinal plants of the forest and the mountains.
- Observation of wildlife and acquisition of knowledge in mountain ecology.
- Nights in bivouac under the sky.
- Life in the wilderness: lighting a fire, building shelters, cooking with fire.
Intensity: from low to moderate.
Technicality: easy trails most of the time with off-trail passages without difficulties.
The program and itinerary may be modified according to the conditions encountered during the trip: weather, snow conditions, group size, etc.
Meals: lunchs will be in the form of picnics in the countryside with local products. In the evening we will also have the opportunity to taste good regional products but also to cook on the stove.
- A 30/40 litres backpack.
- 0°/5° sleeping bag.
- A self-inflating mattress.
- A waterproof bag or a bin liner to keep things dry.
- A water bottle of at least 1.5 liter (and a small thermos if necessary).
- Sunglasses and sun cream.
- A small personal first aid kit + toilet paper (1 for 2 people).
- A headlamp.
- Hiking shoes.
- A knife.
- Kitchen utensils: cutlery and plates (can be borrowed).
- Tent (can be lent).
- A long-sleeved T-shirt (preferably made of synthetic material).
- A short-sleeved T-shirt (preferably made of synthetic material).
- A down jacket or fleece.
- A waterproof jacket.
- A hat and thin gloves.
- A cap or hat.
- Two pairs of hiking socks.
D1: Discovery of the forest environment, shelter techniques, setting up camp in a clearing.
Meeting at 1pm in Beaufort-sur-Doron for a presentation of the trip. Transfer by car to the start of the trek. This first day of hiking is dedicated to the discovery of the mountain forest, the different species and animals that inhabit it. We will also find equipment to set up camp, light a fire and cook, in order to have dinner under the stars.
7km and 600 meters of positive altitude difference.
D2: Searching for water, observing the fauna and flora of the altitude, bivouac on the edge of a mountain lake.
After waking up and having breakfast to the sound of birdsong, we continue our natural exploration, with today's discovery of the higher mountain environments, from the flora of the alpine meadows, to the high altitude raptors and passerines. Our wild route off the beaten track is ideal for admiring the herds of chamois. This is also wolf territory and it is not uncommon to be able to detect traces and signs of life. We will also look for water, the key to a successful bivouac. And facing the majestic Mont-Blanc massif we will have the chance to set up our second bivouac.
8km and 700 meters of positive altitude difference.
D3: Orienteering and wildlife observation.
This last wake-up call in the heart of nature with a sunrise over the Beaufortain peaks will not leave you indifferent. We then dismantle our camp and prepare our belongings for the return hike. For this day we will see the techniques and tools to orientate and navigate in the mountains. Nothing will be left to chance, between collective decision making, workshops and role plays, you will have all the keys to organize your future explorations. We will enjoy the last moments in the middle of this unique biodiversity before heading back to the valley and visiting the dairy cooperative of the famous Beaufort cheese.
11km and 200 meters of positive altitude difference.
The price includes
- Supervision by the mountain leader.
- Professional civil liability insurance.
- Evening meals, breakfasts and picnic on the second day.
The price does not include
- Transport to and from the meeting point.
- Drinks (during and outside meals).
- Personal expenses.
- Personal equipment for the bivouac.
- Anything not mentioned in "The price includes".
- In bivouac, in tent or under the stars.
- Confirmed and full