The Beaufortain tour, a wild massif (Savoie)
from 685 € / p. from 3 to 8 personsInfos & Booking
During this trek, I propose you to go around the Beaufortain, a wild massif of Savoie between summits, mountain pastures and big lakes.
Hiking in the Beaufortain is to enjoy a massif with high alpine reliefs, lakes, mountain pastures and chalets testifying to a rich and exceptional agricultural past. This spectacular tour by its authenticity offers one of the most beautiful panoramas of the Northern Alps.
You will discover a wild route, from refuge to refuge, with the Mont-Blanc massif, the Vanoise and the Aravis summits in the background.
I also propose to discover the Beaufortain during a trek with nights in bivouac, or to hike the more classic and magnificent tour of the Mont Blanc.
D1: Beaufort-sur-Doron - Col des Saisies - Col de Véry - Refuge de la Croix de Pierre.
A gentle and historic start before leaving the village of Beaufort in the direction of the Col des Saisies (1658m) by car. On the crests, you have a panoramic view of Mont Blanc up to Mont Clocher (1976m).
Distance: 9km, positive altitude difference: 450 meters, negative altitude difference: 150 meters.
D2: Col de Véry - La Balme.
Superb balcony hike to reach the Col du Joly (1989m). The itinerary then becomes wilder and you reach the domain of the high mountains before plunging to the isolated valley of La Balme (1665m) and its refuge.
D+: 650m, D-: 950m.
D3: La Balme - Bonhomme pass - Roselend valley - Presset refuge.
Direction the Bonhomme pass (2329m) where we join the Mont Blanc tour until the Croix du Bonhomme pass (2479m).
D+: 1000m, D-: 800m, 5 hours of walking.
D4 : Presset refuge - Pierra Menta - Cormet d'Arêches.
Today you pass at the foot of the spectacular and emblematic summit of the Beaufortain: the Pierra Menta.
D+: 950m, D-: 650m, 5h15 of walking.
D5 : Cormet d'Arêches - Grand Mont summit - Alpage refuge.
Early morning departure to enjoy the first light of the day in the middle of the mountain pastures. In the morning we reach the Col de la Louze (2119m). In our sights, the Grand Mont (2633m), an important summit of the Beaufortain with its impressive 360 degree view in the heart of the Northern Alps. In the afternoon we reach the Alpage refuge where you can admire a beautiful sunset.
D+: 900m, D-: 750m.
D6 : Alpage refuge - Beaufort-sur-Doron.
This last day, punctuated by mountain chalets, will take you on a journey to discover mountain agriculture between tradition and modernity. From chalet to chalet, we descend quietly and finish our stay in Beaufort.
D+: 350m, D-: 1700m.
The price includes
- Supervision by the mountain leader.
- Accommodation as described.
- Full board (excluding drinks).
- Transfers during the stay if necessary.
- Professional liability insurance.
The price does not include
- Transport to and from the meeting point.
- Drinks (during and outside meals) and personal expenses.
- Anything not mentioned in "The price includes".
- You will be accommodated in mountain huts, in dormitories. In most cases the refuges are equipped with showers. However, depending on the conditions (complicated access to water, limited energy, etc) the showers can sometimes be inaccessible.
- Breakfast and evening meals are taken at the accommodation and prepared by our hosts.
- Lunch is a picnic lunch prepared by our hosts (except for the first day when a picnic lunch is required).
No scheduled departure, but you can contact me to book your dates.Infos & Booking