The authentic Mont Blanc tour
from 730 € / p. from 4 to 8 personsInfos & Booking
I propose you an incredible trek to discover the most beautiful landscapes of the Mont-Blanc massif. This great trekking allows you to enjoy breathtaking panoramas of altitude between lakes, mountain pastures and glaciers.
During this loop which takes place in three countries (France, Italy and Switzerland) you will observe the highest summit of the Alps from all angles. You walk with a light backpack thanks to the nights spent in the different comfortable mountain huts and you can enjoy their gastronomy for an unforgettable adventure.
Highlights of this tour:
- A small group of 8 people maximum (10 people for already formed groups).
- An original itinerary with alpine passages.
- Warm and comfortable refuges.
- A light backpack.
The Mont Blanc tour in 6 days is a trek of sustained difficulty. On some stages there are 1500 meters of positive difference in altitude and we can walk from 6 to 7.5 hours. Some portions are on alpine itineraries or on easy off-trail. A good condition and a physical preparation are strongly desired. Experience in hiking is necessary.
It is possible to do this tour in 7 days with shorter stages for more comfort. The price is then 880€ per person.
D1: Les Contamines-Montjoie - refuge des Prés.
Transfer by car from Les Houches to Contamines-Montjoie.
Today you will take a beautiful hiking trail at the foot of the glaciers. We pass the Tré-la-Tête refuge beforereaching the Contamines valley bottom and going up to the Prés refuge (1930m) where we spend the first night.
6.5 hours of walking for a distance of 12km, positive altitude difference: 1400 meters, negative altitude difference: 730 meters.
D2: Refuge des Prés - Refuge des Montets.
The day's stage takes place between the Beaufortain and Tarentaise mountain pastures with the passage of the Col du Bonhomme and the Col des Fours.
In the afternoon, we reach the Chapieux valley and the Mottets refuge (1860m).
5 hours of walking for a distance of 12km, D+: 865m, D-: 930m.
D3: Mottets refuge - Maison Vieille refuge.
We start this 3rd day with a superb climb facing the Mont Blanc, to reach the Seigne pass, passage between France and Italy. And here we are in the Veny valley where the Italian face of Mont Blanc is revealed.
Tonight we spend the night in the beautiful refuge of Maison Vieille.
6 hours of walking for a distance of 15km, D+: 1100m, D-: 1050m.
D4: Maison Vieille refuge - Elena refuge.
A long day of walking awaits us. We start with a descent to Courmayeur and the visit of the old village. We then climb to the Bertone refuge to enjoy the extraordinary panorama of the Mont-Blanc massif. This magnificent wild belvedere offers a splendid panorama on the summit of the Mont Blanc and the Grandes Jorasses.
At the end of the afternoon, we reach the Elena refuge located in front of the Pré de bar glacier, whose terminal tongue licks the bottom of the valley.
7.5 hours of walking for a distance of 18km, D+: 1450m, D-: 1500m.
D5: Elena refuge - Arpette refuge.
For this 5th day of walking we discover a new country! With an alpine itinerary with a view on the majestic Mont Dolent, we pass the Grand Col Ferret to reach Switzerland. A gentle descent through the mountain pastures takes us to the small village of La Fouly. A short bus transfer brings us to the village of Champex before reaching the Arpette refuge.
4.5 hours of walking for a distance of 10km, D+: 600m, D-: 900m (transfer by bus).
D6: Arpette refuge - Le Tour.
For this last day and by an alpine itinerary, we pass, if the conditions allow it, by the Arpette window to admire the Trient glacier and its high summits. It is then time to return to France via the Col de Balme and descend with a breathtaking view of the Chamonix valley and the Mont Blanc before reaching the village of Le Tour and ending our adventure.
Transfer by bus to Chamonix and Les Houches.
6.5 hours of walking for a distance of 15km, D+: 1500m, D-: 1400m .
Note: I may have to modify the program according to the weather conditions in the mountains and the level of the participants.
The price includes
- Organization and supervision by the mountain leader.
- Half board in refuges.
- Transfers during the trekking.
The price does not include
- Transport to and from the meeting point.
- Personal expenses (drinks, snacks, etc).
- Picnic lunch of the 1st day.
- Your personal insurance *.
- Your hiking equipment.
- Anything not mentioned in "The price includes".
* If you are not already insured for hiking, I strongly advise you to take out a personal accident insurance policy on sport.lycea.fr for occasional practice (or to take out a federal license such as FFME or FFCAM, or a Vieux Campeur insurance policy in the case of a more regular practice).
- You will be accommodated in mountain huts, in dormitories. In most cases the refuges are equipped with showers. However, depending on the conditions (complicated access to water, limited energy, etc.) the showers can sometimes be inaccessible.
- Breakfasts and evening meals are taken at the accommodation and prepared by our hosts.
- Lunch is taken in the form of a picnic prepared by our hosts (except for the first day when a picnic is required).
No scheduled departure, but you can contact me to book your dates.Infos & Booking