Curalla's via ferrata in Passy (Haute-Savoie)
Duration : ½ day
France, Northern Alps
Level : from beginner to intermediate
from 45 € / p. from 2 to 6 personsInfos & Booking
Located on the Plateau d'Assy in Passy, Haute Savoie, the via ferrata of Curalla is relatively easy and offers an incredible view of the Chamonix peaks and the Mont Blanc.
The itinerary takes place in a limestone cliff facing south and dominated by the aiguille de Varan (2544m). It is a beautiful vertiginous balcony overlooking the Arve valley and taking place in a grandiose environment. The course is equipped and therefore accessible between May and October.
The via ferrata of Curalla is playful, sportive, verttiginous, quite sustained and will delight all the amateurs of this activity! It presents an ascending and crossing course, from the right to the left, decorated with footbridges, Nepalese bridges and cable bridges. There are some steep athletic passages (vertical but not overhanging) and the void is also quite present.
The itinerary starts with a crossing interspersed with a more ascending and steep passage, until arriving at the most impressive passage: the crossing of the Nepalese bridge (Varan's bridge) 18 meters long and then a short vertiginous and a bit technical section. This is followed by a few footbridges and cable bridges, then a long traverse in the middle of the cliffs with some vertical passages leading to the last obstacle: the Mont Blanc bridge.
The return is done by hiking, on a forest path which dominates the cliff on which the via ferrata is located.
- Meet at the Curalla parking lot in Passy, a 30 minute drive from Chamonix or Cluses.
- 20 minute approach walking from the Curalla parking lot to the start of the via.
- Approximately 1.5 to 2 hours to climb the via ferrata.
- Return walking of approximately 45 minutes to the parking lot.
The price includes
- Supervision by the climbing instructor.
- Loan of equipement (harness, via ferrata lanyard with energy absorber, helmet).
|Number of participants||Price per person|
The price does not include
- Transport to and from the meeting point in Passy.
- Anything not mentioned in "The price includes".
No scheduled departure, but you can contact me to book your dates.Infos & Booking