Ice climbing initiation (Isère, Hautes-Alpes)
from 60 € / p. from 1 to 6 personsInfos & Booking
Do you want to try ice climbing? Then let yourself be tempted by this day of initiation to this amazing and playful activity!
Whether you practice climbing indoors or on a cliff or not, this will be an opportunity to have fun climbing on these ephemeral structures.
On these frozen waterfalls, you will learn how to climb with crampons and how to make the best use of ice axes to tame the elements and evolve in this winter universe.
This day can take place in various places, depending on conditions, your location and your desires:
- in the Écrins massif, for example in La Grave or near the Lautaret pass, near Saint-Christophe-en-Oisans, in the vallon du Diable, etc.
- in the Vercors massif,
- in the Belledonne massif: cirque du Boulon or Oule ice falls,
- at Fourchu lake or near the Ornon pass in the Taillefer massif,
If you are comfortable, if you have already practiced a little or if you want to go further in your practice of the activity, why not follow me in the ascent of a waterfall of several lengths in Isère, Savoie or in the Hautes-Alpes?
- Discovery of the environment (different forms of ice, dangers, possible management of the cold, etc.).
- Use of tools (ice axes, crampons) in mixed and on ice: balance, optimization of movements, body positioning, etc.
- Toprope or leading ice climbing according to the desired objective.
The price includes
- Supervision by the mountain guide.
- Loan of harnesses and helmets.
The price does not include
- Transport to and from the meeting point. Possible carpooling from Grenoble.
- Ski lifts if needed.
- Equipment rental (crampons cimpliant and warm shoes, ice axes, crampons).
- Picnic lunch and snacks.
- Anything not mentioned in "The price includes".
No scheduled departure, but you can contact me to book your dates.Infos & Booking