Introduction to winter mountain safety (Aravis)
from 27 € / p. from 4 to 12 personsInfos & Booking
The first step, which consists of purchasing the avalanche beacon / shovel / probe safety kit, has been completed. It remains now to know how to use it, to master the protocol of control of the rescue equipment and the wearing of this equipment for oneself and for the group.
During this training / initiation on winter mountain safety taking place in Haute-Savoie in the Aravis massif, you will learn:
- To know the causes of avalanche beacon interferences and how to manage them,
- To master the search, localization and clearance phases of one or more avalanche victims,
- To know how to behave in case of an avalanche accident, as a leader.
The objective of this half-day introduction to winter mountain safety is to learn about, familiarize yourself with, and properly handle your safety equipment. For this, there is only one solution: practice!
Here is the program of the initiation:
- Meeting at 1.30pm.
- The place of departure is fixed according to the snow conditions, it will be specified at the time of the inscription: Thônes or Manigod.
- Approach walk with snowshoes to find the best terrain for our practice.
- Various workshops of situation setting, with alternation of theory and practice.
- End of the initiation around 4.30pm.
The price includes
- Supervision by the mountain leader.
The price does not include
- Snowshoes and hiking poles.
- Winter safety equipment: avalanche beacon, shovel, probe.
- Snacks and drinks.
- Transport to the departure point.
- Anything not mentioned in "The price includes".
Contact me for accommodation proposals.
No scheduled departure, but you can contact me to book your dates.Infos & Booking