Full moon snowshoeing and dinner in the Aravis
Duration : ½ day
France, Northern Alps
Level : intermediate
from 48 € / p. from 4 to 10 personsInfos & Booking
In the heart of the Aravis massif and the Haute-Savoie, I propose you to live a snowshoeing outing under the full moon, in a wild and far from everything setting.
After two hours of easy climbing under the stars to reach an unguarded refuge, we will enjoy a nice mountain speciality that we will share with the group of ski tourers led by Didier, my colleague mountain guide.
The return from the refuge to the car park will be done by the same route.
The snowshoe hike will also be an opportunity to observe animal tracks (and to guess which ones they are), to talk about the flora, the geology or the heritage of our beautiful Aravis massif.
I also propose throughout the winter to do initiations to winter mountain safety in the Aravis as well as snowshoe hikes with relaxation and well-being.
- Meeting at 6.30pm at the bus station of Thônes.
- Between 10 and 15 kilometers by car to reach the start of the hike by carpooling.
- Snowshoe hike: about 2 hours of climbing for 400 meters of positive difference in altitude.
- Surprise dinner at the mountain chalet.
- Descent and return to Thônes around midnight.
The price includes
- Supervision by the mountain leader.
- The meal and hot drinks.
The price does not include
- Transport to and from Thônes, about 30 minutes drive from Annecy.
- Personal equipment such as headlamp, snowshoes and hiking poles.
- "Cold" drinks.
- Anything not mentioned in "The price includes".
Feel free to contact me for accommodation proposals in the Aravis.
No scheduled departure, but you can contact me to book your dates.Infos & Booking