Saint-Julien via ferrata: Tihousso (Buis-les-Baronnies)
Duration : ½ day
France, Southern Alps, Provence
Level : difficult
from 45 € / p. from 1 to 8 personsInfos & Booking
The mythical Saint-Julien rock, about a hundred meters high and overlooking the village of Buis-les-Baronnies, offers many climbing routes on its south face and has three via ferrata on its north face.
I propose you to go through the one called "Tihousso", the tough one in Provence language. 460 meters long and very playful, it includes a Nepalese bridge, cable bridges, passages on beams, a ladder of logs and especially a zip line (not mandatory). The course allows you to reach the summit cross of the Saint-Julien rock, from where you will discover a 360° view on the grandiose Mont Ventoux and the cliffs of the Baronnies.
This wall is well shaded and fresh, so you can do this outing even in the middle of summer. The minimum height required is 1m55.
The via ferrata starts with a beautiful wall then arrives at a vertiginous and vertical passage in a dihedral equipped with metal handles, before the zip line which will give you some strong sensations. The route continues with a crossing to the right before approaching the most playful part with Nepalese bridge, beam, passage under a detached rock blade, ladder of logs in the void and to be crossed in balance, cable bridges, etc. Some passages are a bit athletic but the course is really magnificent!
Once arrived at the top of the Saint-Julien rock, it is time to enjoy the exceptional panorama on the Baronnies and to take a break, before starting the descent, also a little technical, playful and athletic.
- Meeting point in Buis-les-Baronnies, about an hour drive from Orange.
- Equipment with the material.
- Approximately 30 minutes walk to reach the start of the via.
- From 2 to 2.5 hours to climb the via ferrata.
- Break of 15 minutes at the top.
- Descent of about 45 minutes to go back to the parking lot.
The price includes
- Supervision by the climbing instructor.
- The equipment necessary for the practice of the activity, modern and to the standards (harness, helmet, via ferrata lanyards with energie absorber, pulley).
The price does not include
- Transport to and from Buis-les-Baronnies.
- Anything not mentioned in "The price includes".
No scheduled departure, but you can contact me to book your dates.Infos & Booking