Buis-les-Baronnies via ferrata: Tihousso
from 45 € / p. from 1 to 8 personsInfos & Booking
In the heart of the Drôme of Provence, the mythical Saint-Julien rock, about a hundred meters high and overlooking the village of Buis-les-Baronnies, offers many climbing routes on its south face and has four via ferrata on its north face.
I propose you to go through the one named "Tihousso", the tough one in Provence language. 460 meters long and very playful, it includes a Nepalese bridge, cable bridges, wooden beams, a ladder of logs and especially a beautiful zip line (not mandatory). The course will bring you to the summit cross of the Saint-Julien rock, from where you will discover a 360 degrees view on the grandiose Mont Ventoux and the cliffs of the Baronnies.
The via ferrata starts with a beautiful and vertical wall then arrives at in a vertiginous dihedral equipped with metal handles, before the zip line which will give you some thrilling sensations. The route continues with an absolutely magnificent traverse to the right, with natural handholds in a large horizontal crack. The next section is the most fun part, with a Nepalese bridge, a beam, a passage under a slab of loose rock, a log ladder to balance on, some monkey bridges and much more. Some passages are a bit athletic but the course is really incredible!
Once arrived at the top of the Saint-Julien rock and its cross visible from afar, it is time to enjoy the exceptional panorama on the Baronnies region and to take a break, before starting the descent, also a little bit technical, playful and athletic.
This wall is well shaded and fresh, so you can do this outing even in the middle of summer. The minimum height required is 1,55 meter.
I also propose, on this rock of Saint-Julien, a beautiful combination of more difficult routes: the Testouriasso and Roumpo Quieu via ferrata.
If you're a rock climber, we can climb together a multi pitch route on the south face of this Saint-Julien rock above Buis-les-Baronnies. Or a little further afield, on the famous Sainte-Victoire mountain around Aix-en-Provence.
- Meeting point in the village of Buis-les-Baronnies, about an hour drive from Orange.
- Equipment with the material.
- Approximately 30 minutes of walking to reach the start of the via ferrata.
- From 2 to 2 and a half hours to climb the via ferrata.
- 15 minutes break at the top.
- About 45 minutes downhill to the parking lot.
The price includes
- Supervision by the climbing instructor.
- Equipment necessary for the practice of the activity, modern and to the standards (harness, helmet, via ferrata lanyards with energy absorber, pulley, etc.).
The price does not include
- Transport to and from Buis-les-Baronnies.
- Anything not mentioned in "The price includes".
No scheduled departure, but you can contact me to book your dates.Infos & Booking