Complete crossing of the Dents de Lanfon (Haute-Savoie)
from 210 € / p. from 1 to 2 personsInfos & Booking
The Lanfon's Teeth (Dents de Lanfon in french) are a major summit overlooking Annecy lake in Haute-Savoie. Like the Matterhorn cultimating above Zermatt or the Drus above Chamonix, they dominate the Annecy region and offer to those who reach the summit an exceptional view over the magnificent Annecy lake.
This complete traverse of the Dents de Lanfon offers you an excellent way to experience ecological mountaineering, in a sustainable way, on a magnificent mountain. It is a real mountaineering outing (we progress roped up, there are climbing passages of level 3 to 4+, abseils) with its objective dangers, but far from those present in high mountains in periods of heat and drought. Here we climb a terrain already evolved, even if there are still many friable rocks. It reconciles the search for the sensations inherent to the high mountain, the spice of the latter, with less risk and more pleasure!
It consists in linking 3 routes:
- the west ridge of the Southern Dent,
- the classic crossing of the Dents de Lanfon,
- and the ascent of the Northern Dent.
- We go to Planfait above Talloires, the starting point of the adventure.
- We then start the approach walk with a good warm up on a forest trail. Then we evolve in mountain pastures to reach the Frêtes pass.
- From there, our ascent can really start. We climb the south pass by the cabled section. Then, thanks to the re-equipment of the west ridge of the south Dent, we climb 3 pitches in 3/4 to reach the summit of this Dent with its exceptional panorama: a 360° which invites us to stay... however, we go back down, but doing two beautiful and vertical abseils to find the south pass, and continue the traverse.
- This one goes through the ascent of the 4th tooth, then a ridge route, before reaching the foot of the central Dent. By a last small climbing passage in a "letter box", we are at the summit of the Dents de Lanfon located at 1824 meters of altitude.
- Up there, we take the time to rest by having a picnic. We will take the opportunity to contemplate again the superb landscapes.
- We continue the journey by the first part of the traditional descent, before turning left, to reach the cross of the north Dent. That is the start of another adventure: a new abseiling drops us in a gorge, from where we come out by a 5b climbing pitch, quite physical, but short, to lead us to the summit of the last tooth, sublime!
- From this point begin the descent by abseiling on the lake side, to join a path, in front of the path, then the way up, and finally the car.
- Back to the vehicles, then to the lake of Annecy.
The price includes
- Supervision by the mountain guide.
- Loan of equipment (harness, helmet, safety equipment, etc.).
The price does not include
- Transport to and from Planfait, about 45 minutes drive from Annecy or Albertville.
- Picnic lunch.
- Anything not mentioned in "The price includes".
No scheduled departure, but you can contact me to book your dates.Infos & Booking