Alpine crossing of the Dents de Lanfon (Haute-Savoie)
from 185 € / p. from 1 to 2 personsInfos & Booking
The Lanfon's teeth are a major summit around Annecy lake in Haute-Savoie. Like the Matterhorn above Zermatt or the Drus overlooking Chamonix, they dominate the basin and offer those who reach the summit an exceptional view of the magnificent Annecy lake.
To enjoy these beautiful panorama, we will cross from south to north. This route is accessible to all since you like to move in nature, you are not afraid to walk 6 hours and the vertiginous atmosphere does not scare you. Sometimes, the route taken requires that we "use our hands", that is to say that we do a little rock climbing. A little further, we will also have to pass a section with a cable. But do not worry, the rest of the crossing is a great route on ridge, straddling two sides.
- Transport to Planfait, the starting point of the adventure.
- We will begin the approach with a good warm up on a forest trail. We will then move on pastures to reach the Col des Frêtes.
- From there, our ascension can really begin. We will climb the South Pass by the cable part. Then, place to the famous crossing of the Lanfon teeth. We will climb to the summit, located at the altitude of 1824 meters.
- Up there, we will take the time to relax with a picnic. We will take the opportunity to contemplate the beautiful landscapes. We will begin the descent with a "secret" abseil. This will allow us to avoid the normal route (not very pleasant because stony).
- We will continue the descent by taking a path very little marked, which will allow us to join the climbing trail.
- Back to the vehicles, then to Annecy lake.
The price includes
- Supervision by the mountain guide.
- Loan of equipment (harness, helmet, ...).
The price does not include
- Transport to the start point.
- Anything not mentioned in "The price includes".
No scheduled departure, but you can contact me to book your dates.Infos & Booking