Alpine crossing of the Dents de Lanfon (Haute-Savoie)
from 200 € / p. from 1 to 2 personsInfos & Booking
The Lanfon's Teeth (Dents de Lanfon in french) are a major summit overlooking Annecy lake in Haute-Savoie. Like the Matterhorn cultimating above Zermatt or the Drus above Chamonix, they dominate the Annecy region and offer to those who reach the summit an exceptional view over the magnificent Annecy lake.
To enjoy these beautiful panorama, we will cross from south to north. This route is accessible to all since you like to move in nature, you are not afraid to walk 6 hours and the vertiginous atmosphere does not scare you. Sometimes, the route taken requires that we "use our hands", that is to say that we do a little rock climbing. A little further, we will also have to pass a section equipped with a cable. But do not worry, the rest of the crossing is a great route on a ridge, straddling two sides.
Whenever you want to do a longer route by adding the western ridge of the south tooth and the climb of the north tooth, I also propose the complete crossing of the Dents de Lanfon.
- Transport to Planfait above Talloires, the starting point of the adventure.
- We start the approach with a good warm up on a forest trail. We then move on pastures to reach the Col des Frêtes.
- From there, our ascension can really begin. We climb the south pass by the cable section. Then, place to the famous crossing of the Dents de Lanfon. We then climb to the main summit, located at the altitude of 1824 meters.
- Up there, we take the time to relax with a picnic. We have the opportunity to contemplate the beautiful landscapes.
- Then we begin the descent with a "secret" abseil. This allows us to avoid the normal route (not very pleasant because stony).
- We continue the descent by taking a path very little marked, which will allow us to join the main climbing trail.
- Back to the vehicles, then to Annecy lake.
The price includes
- Supervision by the mountain guide.
- Loan of equipment (harness, helmet and safety equipment).
The price does not include
- Transport to and from Planfait, about 45 minutes drive from Annecy or Albertville.
- Picnic lunch.
- Anything not mentioned in "The price includes".
No scheduled departure, but you can contact me to book your dates.Infos & Booking