Canyoning in the Tapoul gorges (Cévennes)
from 55 € / p. from 4 to 10 personsInfos & Booking
In the heart of the Cévennes mountains, close to Mont Aigoual and the village of Les Rousses, the Tapoul gorges canyon is a concentration of adventure and thrills.
There are numerous jumps of varying heights and technical difficulty. None of the jumps is mandatory, and you'll always be offered a fun alternative to overcome the obstacles. Beautiful waterfalls, natural slides, potholes and a few swimming sections complete the course. The play of light and shade through the chestnut trees and ferns adds a unique atmosphere to this canyon!
For this activity, you need to be able to swim and be in reasonable physical condition.
Remember to bring your swimsuit and sneakers.
The canyoning trip is open to teenagers aged 12 and over.
The shuttle bus fare (4.50€) is included in the price.
If you're interested in other canyoning routes, I also suggest another descent in the Cévennes: the Bramabiau canyon.
- Meet in the village of Les Rousses (48 - Lozère) in July/August, then take the shuttle to the start of the canyon. The rest of the year, meet directly at the start of the canyon.
- 2-minute approach walk.
- Canyoning descent including:
- Several jumps from 2 to 10 meters (no jump required).
- 3 waterfalls from 5 to 10 meters.
- Movements on ropes.
- Non-mandatory 2 to 5-meter slides.
- 10-minute return walk.
- Total duration of the activity: 3 hours.
The price includes
- Supervision by the canyoning instructor.
- Loan of canyoning equipment: 5mm neoprene wetsuit, 3mm neoprene socks, harness, lanyards, descender, ropes, helmet, waterproof bags, etc.
- Shuttle service (July-August).
The price does not include
- Transport to and from the meeting place in the village of Rousses, one hour drive from Millau or Mende.
- Anything not mentioned in "The price includes".
No scheduled departure, but you can contact me to book your dates.Infos & Booking