Bramabiau canyon (Cévennes)
from 45 € / p. from 4 to 9 personsInfos & Booking
Located in the heart of the Cévennes National Park, the Bramabiau canyon is ideal for a gentle introduction to canyoning, or for a family outing.
During this aquatic progression, you'll encounter several jumps (never mandatory) and slides in transparent water and a playful, enchanting environment.
You'll be equipped with a wetsuit, neoprene socks, harness, helmet and lanyards. Remember to bring a pair of shoes suitable for canyoning (such as sneakers).
After a short 5-minute approach walk, you'll come to the canyon's first basin, where I'll give you a briefing on how to make the descent safely. We'll talk about the different ways of overcoming obstacles: small slides, jumps, swimming and river walking.
Once you reach the second part of the canyon, the atmosphere changes radically. There's a succession of waterfalls, slides and jumps of varying heights. After a first slide or jump, we reach the marrow section: a handrail passage (fixed rope) leads to an optional two-meter jump into a suspended basin. To get out of this basin, you'll need to take a large waterslide some ten meters long! Don't worry, though: the finish basin is huge and allows you to make jumps of varying heights on the way up.
The ride ends with the hot man's slide! This is a magnificent tubular slide (avoidable) followed by a final jump of around two meters.
The rather steep return walk takes us back to the road in about ten minutes.
For this activity, you need to be able to swim and be in good physical condition. You'll also need a pair of sneakers and a swimsuit.
If you're interested in other canyoning routes, I also suggest another descent in the Cévennes: the Tapoul canyon.
- Meet at the parking lot (44.11279, 3.43934) between Lanuéjols and Camprieu.
- 5-minute approach walk.
- Canyoning descent including:
- Several jumps from 2 to 7 meters.
- Movements on handrails.
- Non-mandatory 2 to 5-meter slides.
- An incredible environment.
- 10-minute return walk.
- Total duration of the activity: 3 hours.
The price includes
- Supervision by the canyoning instructor.
- Loan of canyoning equipment: 5mm neoprene wetsuit, 3mm neoprene socks, harness, lanyards, descender, ropes, helmet, waterproof bags, etc.
The price does not include
- Transport to and from the meeting place.
- Anything not mentioned in "The price includes".
No scheduled departure, but you can contact me to book your dates.Infos & Booking