Tapoul gorges via ferrata (Rousses, Lozère)
from 37 € / p. from 3 to 10 personsInfos & Booking
The via ferrata of the Tapoul gorges is located near the village of Rousses in Lozere, an atypical and restful place at the doors of the Cevennes. You are here at the foot of the Mont Aigoual and the landscapes which surround you are magnificent.
Between climbing and hiking, you will progress on vertiginous passages being assured on a cable and helping you with various elements of progression: bars, steps, cables, bridges, zip-lines... Equipped with a harness, a helmet, a pulley and via ferrata lanyards, you will cross the obstacles in the singular atmosphere of this beautiful canyon.
This via ferrata is perfect for a first contact with this activity. Also perfect for families or for those who wish to overcome their apprehension! Two itineraries of different difficulty but with common parts are possible, allowing everyone to enjoy themselves.
A few meters from the river's edge, the via ferrata starts with a first climb where two options are possible: an easy one on a slab and a difficult one on a slight overhang without difficulty. The routes then join to cross the river thanks to a 30 meters long zip-line and then climb on a rocky plateau. The return is done by means of another zip-line or a rather vertiginous footbridge followed by a relatively technical overhanging passage and a cable bridge. After a short descent the via continues easily along the river, splits again to end in a common section with a cable bridge, a technical and vertical section and a last footbridge. A trail leads you back to the gorge road and the parking lot.
Please come equipped: sneakers, small backpack, water, possibly gloves. And depending on the weather: rain jacket, sun cream, etc.
If you like the sensations provided by this itinerary, we advise you to take up the challenge of the nearby via ferrata of Rochefort in Florac, which offers an extremely difficult and impressive course, but also a second easier one.
- Appointment on the car park of the village of Les Rousses (48400), one hour drive from Mende.
- 10 minutes of approach walking to reach the departure of the via ferrata.
- Duration of the course: 1.5 hour.
- 5 minutes of return walking to the car park.
The price includes
- Supervision by the climbing instructor.
- Specific gear for via ferrata (harness, pulley, helmet and via ferrata lanyard with energy absorber) which is recent, regularly checked and compliant with the requirements of French and European standards.
Standard rate: 40€/person.
Discount rate (for groups of 4 people and more): 37€/person.
The price does not include
- Transport (contact me for special request).
- Picnic lunch and drinks.
- Civil liability and personal accident insurance for climbing and associated disciplines (if you are not already covered for these activities by your insurance, you can take out additional insurance with the FFME, FFCAM, etc.).
- Anything not mentioned in "The price includes".
No scheduled departure, but you can contact me to book your dates.Infos & Booking