Rocher de l'Envers via ferrata (Chartreuse)
from 40 € / p. from 4 to 8 personsInfos & Booking
Dare to try this romantic via ferrata which justifies a detour to the small village of Saint-Vincent-de-Mercuze. In the heart of Isère, at the foot of the Chartreuse massif and close to Grenoble, you will take a magnificent forest walk to reach the start of the via where you will be bordered all along by a succession of natural waterfalls.
The via ferrata of the Rocher de l'envers goes up on 300 meters of altitude difference: it is a very pleasant outing, ideal for the beginners and the children from 9 years. It will delight all nature lovers!
The route starts with an ascending traverse to the left, then descends to the level of the stream to cross it on beams. The via continues on a log ladder laid on the ground which leads to a long upward crossing on the right bank of the torrent to the footbridge of the "cascade oubliée". From there, the itinerary continues, still in ascending crossing, with many platforms until the "vire du pêcheur", at the end of which some steps and bars lead to the way back. In this final part, you can admire the view on the Grésivaudan valley and on the Belledonne mountains.
- Meeting point in Saint-Vincent-de-Mercuze, half an hour drive from Grenoble or Chambéry.
- 40 minutes walk to reach the start of the via, in an atmosphere worthy of a movie.
- About 1h30 to climb the via ferrata.
- 45 minutes walk back to the parking lot.
The price includes
- Supervision by the climbing instructor.
- Loan of the equipment necessary to the practice of the activity: harness, via ferrata lanyards with energy absborber, helmet.
- First aid kit.
- Decreasing rate according to the number of participants.
The price does not include
- Transport to and from the meeting place in Saint-Vincent-de-Mercuze.
- Anything not mentioned in "The price includes".
No scheduled departure, but you can contact me to book your dates.Infos & Booking