Grenoble via ferrata "Les prises de la Bastille" (Isère)
Duration : ½ day
France, Northern Alps
Level : from beginner to advanced
from 40 € / p. from 4 to 8 personsInfos & Booking
Climb the only urban via ferrata in France, and climb on a beautiful limestone rock to reach the top of the Bastille ramparts. The place not to be missed in the city of Grenoble!
Located at the foot of the Chartreuse massif, the via ferrata of the "Prises de la Bastille" has two distinct parts, the first easy and the second more difficult.
Evolving in an old quarry, the first part is accessible to beginners, playful and vertiginous because it takes place at 50 meters high. A first steep pillar about thirty meters high precedes a long traverse to the left. This one is decorated with a cable bridge, a footbridge and a beam. After this wired section, a fifteen minute walk through the Guy Pape park leads to the start of the second part.
The second part is more difficult but has two escape routes if needed. After a few overhanging and athletic meters, the course makes a long ascending traverse to the right, with some somewhat physical passages. Fortunately, there are platforms where you can rest! Finally, a short walk leads to the last section, easier but original because it goes up the walls of the Bastille to end in a pillbox.
On arrival at the top you will enjoy an exceptional panorama over the whole city of Grenoble, as well as the Vercors, Taillefer and Belledonne mountains. The descent is done by walking, in about twenty minutes, via the "Jardin des Dauphins".
It is also possible to climb the via ferrata at night in an unusual way!
- Meeting point on the parking lot of the Esplanade (towards the Porte de France in Grenoble).
- Approach walk of 2 minutes to reach the start of the via.
- Approximately 3 hours to climb the via ferrata.
- Return walk of 30 minutes.
- Possibility to do only the first part (initiation) or the whole way to the top!
The price includes
- Supervision by the climbing instructor.
- Loan of the equipment necessary to the practice of the activity: harness, via ferrata lanyards with energy absborber, helmet, quickdraws, rope.
- First aid kit.
- Possibility of decreasing rates according to the number of participants.
The price does not include
- Transport to and from the meeting place in Grenoble.
- Option: your photos in action!
- Anything not mentioned in "The price includes".
No scheduled departure, but you can contact me to book your dates.Infos & Booking