"Roc du Cornillon" via ferrata (Bourdeau, Savoie)
from 60 € / p. from 4 to 8 personsInfos & Booking
I propose you this via ferrata, located above the Bourget lake and very pleasant to initiate you to the verticality while gently. Throughout the course you will enjoy an exceptional view of the lake, in a spectacular atmosphere that will guarantee unforgettable memories with family or friends, for young and old.
The first section called "Primévère à oreille d'ours" is named after a rare spring plant that is present on the site and that you will have the opportunity to see. This section consists of a long traverse from right to left, with several beams (sometimes very aerial) that help to cross dihedrals, then an original (and a bit impressive) inverted descending ladder and finally a tunnel of a few meters. After a short break, you continue on a small steep pillar, some beams and a monkey bridge. This first part is then finished and an escape route can be used to get back to the parking lot.
The second part, easier, of the "Roc de Cornillon" allows to continue the adventure by climbing in the slabs of the south face and on comfortable ledges, the whole in an often very vertiginous atmosphere. The panorama is magnificent until the final pillar that you have to climb for a few dozen meters until the end of the via ferrata. It remains to continue until the belvedere of the Roc de Cornillon (enjoy one last time the incredible view on the massifs and the summits surrounding you), then to get back to the parking lot.
- Meet at the Col du Chat, about 20 minutes drive from Chambéry, 45 minutes from Annecy and 1.25 hour from Lyon.
- Then we'll do the via ferrata starting by the "Primevère à Oreille d'Ours" followed by the "Roc de Cornillon", which has a cable bridge, footbridges and simple, fun rock climbs.
- Approach: 20 minutes.
- Total duration: 3 hours with an ascent of 45 metres of vertical drop on a varied course for all levels.
- Possibility of carpooling from Grenoble or Chambéry.
The price includes
- Supervision by the climbing instructor.
- Loan of the equipment necessary to the practice of the activity: harness, via ferrata lanyards with energy absborber, helmet, quickdraws, rope.
- First aid kit.
- Possibility of decreasing rates according to the number of participants.
The price does not include
- Transport to and from the col du Chat.
- Anything not mentioned in "The price includes".
No scheduled departure, but you can contact me to book your dates.Infos & Booking