Hiking stay in the Vercors (Isère)
from 619 € / p. from 1 to 8 personsInfos & Booking
Join me for this hiking stay in the Vercors massif where comfort is the priority. Indeed, you come back every night in your comfortable lodge.
So, this stay can be done in family without fearing not to have the strength to finish the stages.
In Villard-de-Lans, nestled at the foot of the cliffs of the eastern barrier of the Vercors, the residence "la Moraine" welcomes you in ** apartments for 3 or 4 people and offers you a breathtaking view.
If you have less time, I also propose a hiking weekend, still in the Vercors massif.
D1: Arrival and welcome.
Welcome at "La Moraine" in Villard-de-Lans, installation in your apartment.
D2: The "sentier des 1000 vaches" (1000 cows trail).
First hike to discover the mountain pastures of the Vercors plateau.
Positive altitude difference: 350 meters, 4.5 hours of walking without breaks.
D3: The Pas de l'Œille.
Located at 1960 meters of altitude, this pass allows the passage between the Vercors and the Trièves. From here the views on the eastern barrier of the Vercors are spectacular.
D+: 650m, 5.5 hours of walking without breaks.
D4 : The plateau of La Molière.
This walk will make you discover the alpine pasture of La Molière, an emblematic place of the Vercors which offers magnificent panoramas on the whole chain of the Alps.
D+: 315m, 4.5 hours of walking without breaks.
D5: The Cornafion terraces.
Above Villard-de-Lans, this itinerary will make you take the height to better admire the immense plateau of Vercors.
D+: 600m, 5 hours of walking without breaks.
D6: The caves of Choranche.
Direction the south of the plateau and its Drôme part to admire the spectacular rocky cliffs of Presles, a paradise for rock-climbers, and to visit the famous caves of Choranche. You will find there a magnificent underground river and the incredible "fistuleuses", fragile concretions which can reach 3 meters long.
D+: 300m, 2.5 hours of walking time excluding breaks, price of the visit of the caves: 13€.
D7: The meadow of Dabounouse.
Located between La Chapelle-en-Vercors and Corrençon-en-Vercors, this meadow is well known by hikers. One of its singularities is its extent of boulders whose origin goes back to the ice age.
D+: 300m, 5h30 of walking without breaks.
The price includes
- Supervision by the mountain leader.
- Full board accomodation.
- Picnics lunches.
- Transfers from the lodge to the departures of the hikes.
The price does not include
- Transport to and from Villard-de-Lans, 45 minutes drive from Grenoble and one hour and fifteen minutes from Valence.
- Small expenses on the spot.
- Last night's dinner.
- Visits to paying sites (caves of Choranche: 13€).
- Expenses on site.
- Anything not mentioned in "The price includes".
- La Moraine is a small mountain residence located 500 meters above the village of Villard-de-Lans, 10 minutes walk from the center, and 5 minutes from the shuttle.
- You will find real furnished appartment (39 to 43 m2), very well equipped, with wooden interior decoration, and benefiting all from an absolutely magnificent sight full south on the high plateaus of the Vercors and on the snow-covered and sunny summits: a post card!
- It is also a place at the start of many hikes without having to take the car. A gentle mountain for responsible tourism.
No scheduled departure, but you can contact me to book your dates.Infos & Booking