Trad climbing in Tenerife
Duration : 1 day
Spain, Canary Islands
Level : from intermediate to advanced
from 60 € / p. from 1 to 4 personsInfos & Booking
You don't know how to use cams? Set up an anchor on more than three removable points? Perhaps you are preparing a climbing trip on cliffs that are wilder than usual?
So join me in Tenerife to learn and improve your trad climbing skills on cliffs adapted to the use of cams and cracking techniques. These courses can take place over half a day, a day or several days.
Tenerife is the perfect place to practice crack climbing and use cams (traditional climbing) thanks to an inimitable basalt rock, reminiscent of the red sandstone of Utah.
Around the village of Arico, you can access over 2,000 bolted routes and numerous "trad" cracks.
Traditional climbing requires very specific techniques and a mental management that is much more complex than sport climbing. I will give you all the secrets and techniques to progress and master it.
Here are some examples of sites where we might go:
- Tamadaya: Near Arico Viejo, this basalt cliff has about a hundred routes of different profiles and easy to intermediate level. Easy to access, it is ideal for beginners.
- Las Vegas: here the rock is limestone, and the routes with a level higher than 5c are up to 50 meters long. Many cracks are waiting for you after a quick approach walk.
- Guia de Isora: more than a hundred routes are waiting for you on this rather steep basaltic cliff.
This climbing session is also an opportunity to discover Tenerife accompanied by a French climbing instructor. The "Island of Eternal Spring", which has a summer climate in the middle of winter, offers a singular quality of rock and extraordinary landscapes.
To go further in your practice of this activity, I also propose to improve your climbing skills or to climb together a multi pitch route, still in Tenerife.
- Usage of the "trad" equipment (cams, nuts, etc.).
- Set up of trad anchors.
- Development of specific techniques and strategies.
- Improvement of crack climbing techniques (jamming…).
- How to fall on trad devices.
The price includes
- Supervision by the climbing instructor.
- All trad climbing equipment (cams, slings...)
- All collective and personal equipment (ropes, helmet, harness, belay device, etc.)
- A personal follow up.
- Personal accident insurance.
The price does not include
- Transport to the place of practice.
- Picnic lunch and snacks.
- Anything not mentioned in "The price includes".
- There are various possibilities for accommodation in the area (charming cottages, hotels, camping sites, etc).
- Please get in touch with me for more information.
No scheduled departure, but you can contact me to book your dates.Infos & Booking