Trad climbing in Tenerife
from 95 € / p. from 1 to 4 personsInfos & Booking
Accompanied by a French climbing instructor, come and discover Tenerife, "the island of eternal spring", which has a summer climate in the middle of winter, a singular rock quality and extraordinary landscapes.
This is the perfect place to practice crack climbing and use cams (traditional climbing) thanks to an inimitable basalt rock, reminiscent of the red sandstone of Utah.
Around the village of Arico, you can access over 2,000 equipped routes and numerous "trads" cracks.
Don't know how to use cams? Set up an anchor on more than three removable points? Perhaps you are preparing a climbing trip on cliffs that are wilder than usual?
"Trad" climbing requires very specific techniques and a much more complex mental management compated with sport climbing.
During this courses that can be done over half a day, a day or several days, you will initiate yourself or improve your skills in trad climbing on cliffs adapted to the installation of cams and crack techniques.
- Usage of the "trad" equipment (cams, nuts etc…).
- Set up of trad anchors.
- Development of specific techniques and strategies.
- Improvement of crack climbing techniques (jamming…).
- How to fall on trad devices.
|Number of participants||1||2||3 or 4|
|6 hours course (full day)||150€||230€||+70€/pax|
The price includes
- Supervision by the climbing instructor.
- All trad climbing equipment (cams, slings...)
- All collective and personal equipment (ropes, helmet, hrness...)
- A personal follow up.
The price does not include
- Anything not mentioned in "The price includes".
There are various possibilities for accommodation in the area (charming cottages, hotels, camping sites, etc). Please get in touch with me for more information.
No scheduled departure, but you can contact me to book your dates.Infos & Booking