Multi pitch climbing route in the Caroux (Hérault)
from 70 € / p. from 1 to 4 personsInfos & Booking
Come and climb a multi pitch route adapted to your desires and your level in the magnificent Caroux massif. Routes from 100 to 500 meters high exist in all levels, either equipped or "trad" routes (traditional climbing).
The Caroux massif in the Hérault is unique in the region because of its gneiss rock which is reminiscent of Chamonix granite. The wild character of its gorges and the "mountain" atmosphere there will ensure you a change of scenery and a taste of the great outdoors.
Here are some examples of classic routes that can be considered:
- L'arête des charbonniers: this long classic route is ideal for initiation to trad climbing in a level that remains modest (4b).
- Aiguille Deplasse SW ridge: good quality rock and beautiful atmosphere for this level 4 route which climbs the most beautiful of the peaks of the Caroux massif.
- Aiguille Godefroy West face: in an remote area, this route with little bolts and level 5+ brings you to a summit from where the view on the surroundings is magnificent.
- Voie du fou: on the good rock of the Tour Carrée d'Aval, well protected from the Tramontane and in the sun in the afternoon, this 5c route is bolted but requires the addition of extra points.
- La voie de l'aigle: after a rather long approach walk, this beautiful semi bolted route of a difficult level with its 6b pitches is waiting for you.
- L'empire des mouflons: similar to the previous one, a little bit easier but longer, this beautiful route also reaches the summit of the Epaule du Rieutord.
To evolve and progress in your practice of the activity, I also propose 1-day course in trad climbing and 3-day course in trad climbing, still in the Caroux. And if you want to go on long routes in other massifs, you can follow me in the ascent of a multi pitch climbing route in the gorges of Tarn or Jonte.
- Climbing of a multi pitch route adapted to your level.
- Teaching multi pitch techniques (belaying, setting up anchors, etc.).
- The price depends on the number of people AND the chosen route. Some routes can be climbed in half a day while others require a full day.
- We will try to find together the route that will suit you best.
The price includes
- Supervision by the climbing instructor.
- Loan of necessary equipment for the activity (harness, helmet, rope, belay device, climbing shoes, quickdraws, etc.).
- Personal accident insurance.
|Number of participants||1||2||3 or 4|
|Half day route (price per person)||160€||90€||70€|
|Full day route (price per person)||250€||130€||100€|
The price does not include
- Transport to the place of practice.
- Climbing shoes.
- Picnic lunch and snacks.
- Anything not mentioned in "The price includes".
- There are various possibilities for accommodation in the area.
- Please get in touch with me for more information.
No scheduled departure, but you can contact me to book your dates.Infos & Booking