Rio Sourd canyon (South Vercors, Diois)
from 65 € / p. from 1 to 8 personsInfos & Booking
Located in the Gats gorges, between the south of the Vercors massif and the Drôme of Provence, and near Die, the Rio Sourd canyon allows you to discover the canyoning activity in a very beautiful limestone gorge.
It is, rightly, the most known and the most frequented canyon of the Die region. This splendid itinerary offers a magnificent atmosphere, and constitutes a good experience to tame the environment of the aquatic verticality. Indeed, the numerous waterfalls (up to 16 meters high) which mark out the course allow a learning of the techniques of abseiling, and alternate with small natural slides and jumps in basins, the whole in a wild environment.
In short, the Rio Sourd canyon is a discovery canyon for young and old, ideal when the weather is hot to enjoy the cool and the shade.
Throughout the descent, I will take the time to teach you the techniques of evolution in canyoning and you will make a step towards autonomy.
- Meet at the Rio Sourd canyon parking lot, in the mountains east of Die, about 1.5 hour drive from Grenoble or Valence.
- We will choose together a time to do the canyon in a calm and quiet atmosphere.
- 30 minutes walk to the entrance of the canyon.
- Approximately 2 hours to go through the canyon.
- A few minutes walk back to the parking lot.
The price includes
- Supervision by the moutain guide.
- Technical necessary equipment for the practice of the activity (helmet, harness, rope, belay device, wetsuit).
- Reduced rate for families (20%).
The price does not include
- Transport to and from the meeting point.
- Picnic and snacks.
- Anything not mentioned in "The price includes".
No scheduled departure, but you can contact me to book your dates.Infos & Booking