Roche Veyrand via ferrata: full route (Chartreuse)
from 55 € / p. from 4 to 10 personsInfos & Booking
After having climbed the first part of the Roche Veyrand via ferrata, I propose you to go on with the high part, more difficult, impressive and vertiginous.
The most athletic will discover the vertiginous sensation of having 200 meters of void under the feet, well above the village of Saint-Pierre-d'Entremont in the Chartreuse massif. Two or three athletic passages will satisfy those who like to force themselves...
This second part starts with the footbridge of the "Pas de la Frousse", 40 meters long and slightly uphill. It is followed by a pillar which allows you to reach a ledge where there are several caves (very appreciable in summer). You then go around another pillar to continue to cross on the ledge, in a very very vertiginous atmosphere, until the "pont des Balmes". It is then time to go back up, in a vertical section, and even overhanging in its middle. After that, a ledge, a chimney of a few meters and a crossing under a roof follow before approaching the last overhang, with the famous 200 meters of void under your feet. A final easy slab leads to the end of the cabled route. A last walk of about fifteen minutes brings you to the top of Roche Veyrand which will reward you with an incredible panorama on the Chartreuse summits before the walk back to the car.
- Meet in Saint-Pierre-d'Entremont, one hour drive from Grenoble and 30 minutes from Chambéry.
- After a 20 to 30 minute walk in the forest, you will reach the start of the via ferrata.
- About 3 to 4 hours to climb the via.
- A one hour walk back to the parking lot.
The price includes
- Supervision by the climbing instructor.
- Equipment necessary to the practice of the activity: harness, via ferrata lanyards with energy absorber, helmet, etc.
Group rate from 6 persons (from the same group): 55 €/person, otherwise: 65€/person.
The price does not include
- Transport to and from Saint-Pierre-d'Entremont.
- Anything not mentioned in "The price includes".
No scheduled departure, but you can contact me to book your dates.Infos & Booking