Snowshoe trek: tour of the aiguille du Fruit (Savoie)
from 280 € / p. from 3 to 8 personsInfos & Booking
I propose you to leave for a very beautiful winter immersion of two days, snowshoes on your feet, around the magnificent and majestic Aiguille du Fruit in the Vanoise National Park.
During this crossing from Courchevel to Méribel, you will discover a wild itinerary made of wide open spaces, in the heart of the Tarentaise valley in Savoie. You will also have the opportunity to spend the night in the middle of the mountains, in an unguarded refuge.
If the schedulded dates do not suit you, do not hesitate to propose me yours.
And if you like snowy treks, I propose other magnificent itineraries in the region:
- two days of snowshoeing in the Beaufortain,
- four days of snowshoeing trek in Vanoise around the Pointe de la Sana,
- three days between Maurienne and Clarée to climb a 3000 meter summit with snowshoes.
To discover this beautiful wild place at another time of the year, you can opt for this tour of the Aiguille du Fruit, but in summer and with bivouac.
D1: Snowshoeing from Courchevel to the Merlet Lakes refuge.
Departure from Pralin (Courchevel 1750m sector), arrival at the Merlet Lakes refuge at 2406 meters of altitude where we spend the night.
The landscapes are sublime and wild throughout the day, until the arrival at the warm refuge located next to the Merlet lakes, frozen and covered with snow at this time of the year.
Positive altitude difference: 660 meters.
D2: Tour of the Aiguille du Fruit.
From the refuge, we pass by the Plan du Pêtre (2300m) and the Chanrouge pass (2529m), then we follow the Fruit valley via the Saut refuge to finally arrive at the Plan de Tuéda and Méribel-Mottaret.
The atmosphere is superb and wild at the foot of the majestic Aiguille du Fruit which dominates us during a good part of the day.
Positive altitude difference: 230 meters, negative altitude difference: 930 meters.
The price includes
- Supervision by the mountain leader.
- Transport by minibus from Méribel to the starting point of the trek.
- Loan of security equipment: avalanche beacon, shovel, probe.
- Loan of snowshoes and hiking poles.
- Dinner and breakfast.
- Overnight in the refuge.
The price does not include
- Transport to and from Méribel, one hour drive from Chambéry and one hour and twenty minutes from Albertville.
- The 2 picnics for lunchs.
- Anything not mentioned in "The price includes".
- Unguarded refuge of the Lacs Merlet (heated with wood, gas for cooking).
No scheduled departure, but you can contact me to book your dates.Infos & Booking