Crossing the Vercors snowshoeing (Isère, Drôme)
from 775 € / p. from 4 to 12 personsInfos & Booking
Go on a very beautiful 6-day snowshoe trek across the Vercors massif, which is suitable for good hikers.
Starting from Corrençon-en-Vercors, you will go up to the limestone ridges of the Diois through the Vercors Regional Natural Park.
Accommodation in comfortable gîtes allows you to breathe and spend convivial evenings! The portage is limited to the day's stuff.
The + of this crossing: in the heart of the Hauts-Plateaux Nature Reserve, similar in conditions to the Nordic atmosphere, you will spend your last night in a former sheepfold which has been converted and is very warm.
D1: Die - Corrençon-en-Vercors (1150m) - Roybon Inn (1300m).
3 hours of walking, ascent: 400m, descent: 200m.
Night in a cottage.
D2: Roybon Inn - La Chapelle-en-Vercors (900m).
5h30 of walking, ascent: 400m, descent: 850m.
Night in hotel.
D3: La Chapelle-en-Vercors - Vassieux-en-Vercors (1100m).
4h30 of walking, ascent: 300m, descent: 600m.
Night in a cottage in Vassieux-en-Vercors.
D4: Vassieux-en-Vercors - Col du Rousset (1250m).
5h30 of walking, ascent: 650m, descent: 450m.
Night in a cottage at the Col du Rousset.
D5: Col du Rousset - Chaumailloux (1650m).
6 hours of walking, ascent: 750m, descent: 600m.
D6: Chaumailloux - Combeau (1400m).
5 hours of walking, ascent: 400m, descent: 650m.
Split at 5pm.
The price includes
- All transfers.
- Accommodation in comfortable lodgings, in small dormitories except on D5 (less comfort).
- Full board for the entire circuit.
- Supervision by the mountain leader.
- Baggage transfer.
- Loan of snowshoes and hiking poles if necessary.
The price does not include
- Vercors Escapade assistance/cancellation insurance unless you have your own insurance.
- Anything not mentioned in "The price includes".
- In inn, hotel and former sheepfold.