Snowshoeing trek in autonomy (Vercors)
from 695 € / p. from 4 to 8 personsInfos & Booking
Experience a Nordic expedition, snowshoeing and pulling a pulka, in the Natural Reserve of the High Plateaux of Vercors.
This kind of movement and portage allows to live four days in total immersion in this very preserved massif and to taste the intoxicating experience of roaming autonomously in a wild nature and in winter.
D1: Die - Col du Rousset.
Welcome in Die station at 4pm. Transfer to the Rousset pass. Preparation of specific material and verification of personal equipment. Night in an inn.
D2: Col du Rousset - plateau de Beure - Chaumailloux sheepfold.
Short transfer to the plateau of Beure. We start our raid crossing the Natural Reserve of the Highlands of Vercors. We will go to the eastern edge of the Vercors to reach the sheepfold of Chaumailloux and enjoy the views of Mont Aiguille. Night in private shelter.
Walking time: 6 hours, positive elevation: 750m, negative elevation: 600m.
D3: Chaumailloux sheepfold - Tussac hut.
We leave this site marked by the history of resistance in the Vercors, to reach the southern end of the massif. It is probably along the cliffs of the circus of Archiane that we will arrive at the sheepfolds of Tussac. Night in private shelter.
Walking time: 5h30, E+: 150m, E-: 250m.
D4: Tussac cabin - Combeau hostel.
Depending on the conditions, you can climb Lautaret Cross or the top of the Montagnette, which dominates the valley of Combeau. Night in an inn.
Walking time: 6h, E+: 350m, E-: 700m.
D5: Combeau hostel - Col de Menée.
From our cozy hostel, we take the direction of the ridges of the Leirie which border the Vercors massif to the Col de Menée. Transfer to Die station and split at 5pm.
Walking time: 4h30, E+: 500m, E-: 400m.
The price includes
- Accommodations in hostels, in small dormitories for D1 and D4.
- Accommodation in private shelters, in shared dormitory for D2 and D3.
- Food during the whole circuit.
- Supervision by the mountain leader.
- First and last day transfers to Die station.
- Transfer to the plateau of Beure the second day.
- Loan of snowshoes and hiking poles if necessary.
- Loan of a pulka per person.
The price does not include
- Repatriation/cancellation insurance.
- Anything not mentioned in "The price includes".