Siala via ferrata (Gourette, Pyrénées-Atlantique)
from 37 € / p. from 2 to 12 personsInfos & Booking
Located in the Pyrénées-Atlantiques, between Eaux-Bonnes and Gourette, the via ferrata of Siala offers you a nice discovery of this activity in the Ossau valley.
Ideal during the summer heat, the via ferrata climbs a cliff located above the Valentin gorges. Itineraries of different levels and adapted to all offer you playful workshops and a breathtaking panorama. At the same time, they allow you to discover the activity with your family or friends, or, for the more athletic, to take up the challenge of physical overhangs. You will find in this activity sensations similar to those of climbing.
The first part of the route is optional: it takes a zip-line and then follows a crossing over the torrent and a Nepalese bridge until you reach the start which avoids the zip-line. You then rise on a large and 120 meters high slab of shale without real difficulty.
Finally, according to your ease and your desires, three options are possible to finish:
- An escape route for those who have enough.
- A difficult option with an overhanging section and some technical passages.
- A very difficult option, more vertiginous and engaged, with the presence of two very steep overhangs (each more than ten meters high) requiring a certain physical strength and technique.
The return to the parking lot is done by walking on a path then on the road for about half an hour.
If you like vertical activities, why not try the nearby via corda of Hourat (in the gorge of the same name): the principle is similar to that of the via ferrata, but the belaying is done on a rope rather than a cable and the climbing privileges the contact with the rock.
- Meeting point in Laruns in the heart of the Ossau valley.
About 45 minutes drive from Pau and one hour from Lourdes.
- Departure either in the morning or in the afternoon : the departure time will be defined together.
- About 5 minutes of approach walking to reach the start of the via.
- Approximately 2.5 hours to complete the via ferrata.
- About 30 minutes of return walking to go back to the parking lot.
- Plan for a total of 3 hours of activity.
The price includes
- Supervision by the climbing instructor.
- Loan of safety equipment necessary for the practice of the activity (harness, helmet, pulley, via ferrata lanyard with energy absorber, etc).
- Personalized progression help.
Normal rate: 40€ person.
Reduced rate (booking for 5 persons and more) : 37€ /person.
The price does not include
- Transport to the meeting point in Laruns.
- Picnic lunch.
- Anything not mentioned in "The price includes".
No scheduled departure, but you can contact me to book your dates.Infos & Booking