Hourat via corda (Laruns, Pyrénées-Atlantique)
from 37 € / p. from 2 to 12 personsInfos & Booking
Located in the heart of the Ossau valley in the Pyrénées-Atlantiques department, the via corda of Hourat will make you discover the gorges of the same name in an original way.
In an aquatic and luxuriant environment, helped and belayed by the rope, you evolve on the cliff several tens of meters above the gave (river) of Ossau which shaped these abrupt gorges. The climbing is facilitated by the numerous natural holds of this beautiful limestone rock. You may even have the chance to see in the suspended botanical garden wild orchids and carnivorous plants typical of rock flows.
The via corda (also called via cordata) starts with a long vertiginous crossing to a conch (a kind of cave) perfect for a first break. The route continues on an amusing and uneven path leading to the two magnificent cable bridges (about 20 meters long each) that cross the green and tumultuous waters of the "gave", then back to the cliff and a second conch that is also good for a break.
The next part is more vertical and proposes a very nice climb, vertiginous but easy, of 80 meters to reach the top of the cliff. Don't forget to enjoy the atmosphere and the splendid panorama! A path that winds through the woods and boxwoods takes back to your car in about 15 minutes.
If you like vertical activities, why not try the nearby Siala via ferrata in Gourette: the principle is similar to that of the via corda, but the belaying is done on a cable rather than a rope and many metal bars anchored in the rock facilitate the climbing. You can also opt for an aquatic activity with a canyoning discovery in the nearby Ossau valley.
- Meet in Laruns in the heart of the Ossau valley.
About 45 minutes drive from Pau and one hour from Lourdes.
- Departure either in the morning or in the afternoon.
- 5 minutes of approach walking to reach the start of the via corda.
- Duration of the course: approximately 2 hours and a half.
- 15 minutes of return walking to get back to the parking lot.
- About 3 hours of activity in total.
The price includes
- Supervision by the climbing instructor.
- Loan of safety equipment necessary for the practice of the activity (harness, helmet, via ferrata lanyards with energy absorber, etc).
- Personalized progression help.
- Standard rate: 40€ / person.
Discounted rate (reservation for 5 or more people, under 16): 37€ / person.
The price does not include
- Transport to and from the meeting point in Laruns.
- Anything not mentioned in "The price includes".
No scheduled departure, but you can contact me to book your dates.Infos & Booking