Multi pitch route climbing in Riglos and Peña Rueba
from 150 € / p. from 1 to 2 personsInfos & Booking
Join me to discover the multi pitch climbing routes of Mallos de Riglos and Peña Rueba in the province of Huesca in Aragon.
These two famous sites are high places of climbing routes of several pitches. They have many beautiful routes for all levels.
The high conglomerate towers of the Mallos de Riglos, which rise above the typical village, are a real gateway to the Pyrenees and are very impressive. Legend has it that there used to be a village on the Mallos de Riglos, where an ancient gigantic witch lived. Her appearance and size frightened the neighbors and, tired of it, she raised the huge rocks and hid from everyone.
The climbing routes of the Mallos de Riglos are not technically very difficult and the pebbles embedded in the pudding are good holds, but the vertical and often overhanging long lengths are demanding and intimidating. The atmosphere is quickly vertiginous, the envrionment is particularly enchanting and the scenery is sumptuous. The flight of vultures in this exceptional site also contributes to make it a very popular destination for climbers from all over the world.
Together we can choose the route that best suits your expectations and wishes on one of the Mallos that surround the village: el Puro, el Pisón, Colorado, Volaos, el Cuchillo, Frenchín, Visera, el Fire, etc. Here is a selection from the collaborative website CampToCamp.org.
On the other side of the Rio Gallego, the Peña Rueba massif stands at 1193 meters above the village of Murillo de Gallego. The multi pitch climbing routes that run along the cliffs are similar to those of the Mallos de Riglos, but they are more slabby and on a more compact rock (and therefore less steep). They can also be relatively long (up to 450 meters). The large rocky teeth that make up the massif (Mallo La Calva, Mallo Estrella, Mallo La Mora, Rueba Este) offer several routes of varying difficulty.
If you are particularly fond of climbing multi pitch routes, I can also accompany you to France, on the routes of the Matûre cliff which is located in the Aspe valley.
- Meeting point in the village of Las Peñas de Riglos, about 2 hours drive from Pamplona and 45 minutes from Huesca.
- Briefing either the day before or in the morning depending on your availability.
- The approach walks are relatively short.
- The descents are generally done by abseiling, possibly by a via ferrata at the Peña Rueba.
The price includes
- Supervision by the climbing instructor.
- Loan of equipment necessary for the practice of the activity (ropes, quickdraws, harness and helmet if necessary).
- Personalized progress assistance.
- Rate: 300€ / person if 1 person, 150€ / person if 2 people.
The price does not include
- Transport to and from the village of Las Peñas de Riglos.
- Picnic lunch.
- Anything not mentioned in "The price includes".
- At your convenience.
No scheduled departure, but you can contact me to book your dates.Infos & Booking