Ternèze-Boyat canyon (Bauges, Savoie)
Duration : ½ day
France, Northern Alps
Level : easy
from 50 € / p. from 1 to 10 personsInfos & Booking
The canyon of Ternèze-Boyat is located in Savoie in the Bauges massif, only a few kilometers from Chambéry. It is a very aesthetic canyon because the rock has been smoothed and sculpted by the water passing through it for millions of years. This course is perfect for a family outing with children or for a first descent in canyoning. It is possible to do the canyon several times, depending on the group's wishes and rhythm.
Quiet for the youngest with beautiful slides and small abseiling descents, sporty for the older ones with jumps of 4, 6 and 9 meters, this itinerary will delight everyone. The variety of passages and the very low commitment (possibility of leaving the canyon at any time) make it a very playful course and ideal for a family outing.
After a quick approach walk in the undergrowth, the descent starts with a big slide of about ten meters which arrives in a beautiful round basin with turquoise water. Here, several jumps are possible on both sides of the river. The course continues in a narrower passage that leads to a new small slide and then to a steep waterfall. The canyon then offers an amazing feature with the passage of a natural arch, on which it is possible to climb to make a jump of 6 meters. Finally, it is necessary to cross the final siphon under a blocked rock, but don't worry, it is not mandatory. The canyon is short in distance, about 150 meters, but it is possible to reach the starting point quickly and to do the course again and again.
This canyon always makes the unanimity in a group, because it is a real natural water park!
If you are looking for another canyoning initiation course in the region, don't hesitate to follow me in the lower part of the Angon canyon located above the Annecy lake, or or in its almost complete version.
- Meeting near the village of Curienne in the Bauges massif, 15 minutes drive from Chambéry.
- Departure in the morning or in the afternoon.
- Approach walk: 10 minutes.
- Walk back: 10 minutes.
- Duration of the activity: 2.5 hours.
- Negative altitude difference: 120 meters.
The price includes
- Supervision by the canyoning instructor.
- Loan of the material necessary for the practice of the activity: neoprene wetsuit, helmet, harness, lanyards, neoprene socks.
- Professional liability insurance.
The price does not include
- Transport to and from the meeting place near the village of Curienne.
- Personal equipment to bring: swimming suit, sneakers, towel.
- Anything not mentioned in "The price includes".
No scheduled departure, but you can contact me to book your dates.Infos & Booking