Looking for crystals in the Mont-Blanc massif
from 210 € / p. from 3 to 6 personsInfos & Booking
"Looking for crystals", what is it?
These are 3 full days in high mountains, in the majestic Mont-Blanc massif, to meet the energy of the crystals. And maybe, if one of them answers the call, find his mate! Quartz, smoky quartz or amethyst, all these kinds of crystals are present in the mountains overlooking Chamonix.
During this walk on Talèfre glacier, we will go to a place where it is quite common to pick them up in a natural way. Thus, with an inner approach to this meeting, you can find the stone that suits you and awaits you.
This outing requires the use of crampons, harness and possibly rope for certain sections of ladders. Apart from that, it is not mandatory to be a mountaineer. Anyone who feels the call of the mineral world, adventure, having the physical capacity to respond, is welcome.
D1: Climb to the Couvercle hut.
- Meet at 8am at Montenvers train station in Chamonix.
- We reach the arrival station, located at 1900 meters of altitude, where we have a magnificent view of the Mont-Blanc Massif and Grandes Jorasses.
- Through a series of ladders, we descend on the "Mer de Glace", a frozen river coming from the summits.
- There, with or without crampons (depending on the quality of the ice), we go up the river, beside mills, bédières and other natural sculptures of the glacier.
- Then, again by a series of ladders, vertical this time, we leave this universe to reach the pastures and by a path, arrive at the refuge of the Couvercle, located at 2687 meters above sea level.
- Overnight at the Couvercle refuge.
- Psitive altitude difference: 800 meters, walking time: 5 to 6 hours.
D2: Looking for crystals on the Talèfre glacier.
After an early wake up and breakfast, we descend on the Talèfre glacier to live this encounter with the crystals. These were torn off the mountain by falling rocks, avalanches and are now resting on the glacier. According to the destiny of chance, we will meet this or that crystal, more or less smoked, formed, etc ...
At the end of the day, we will return to the refuge for a second night.
D3: Return to Chamonix.
Gently, we will take the way back to join the train that will take us down to the valley. We will separate, nourished by this space at altitude and what we will have experienced!
Walking time: 5 to 6 hours.
The price includes
- Supervision by the specialised mountain guide.
- Loan of helmet, harness and rope.
- Safety equipment.
The price does not include
- Transport to and from Chamonix.
- Skipass and half-board at the hut (2 nights), representing approximately 200€ more per person.
- Anything not mentioned in "The price includes".
- Refuge du Couvercle in Chamonix-Mont-Blanc.
No scheduled departure, but you can contact me to book your dates.Infos & Booking