Travel trail in Cathar country
from 519 € / p. from 3 to 8 personsInfos & Booking
Go for a journey of sport and heritage discovery.
Dive into the heart of the history of the Cathars by visiting the most beautiful castles of Ariège, while perfecting, each at their own pace, their racing technique.
Also enjoy all the gastronomic riches of our beautiful department in each hostel along the way and let yourself be lulled by local tales and legends.
- Small groups allowing personalized training
- A guide specialized in this field and accustomed to the competitive environment
- Theoretical and pedagogical courses
- A certified product (PNR, France Tourisme)
- Friendliness and fun guaranteed
D1: Roquefixade - Montferrier, 16km and 800m of positive elevation.
- Superb route on a beautiful crest line which brings you straight to the castle of Roquefixade: you run while dominating this superb medieval building.
- Analysis of the running techniques and heart rate of each one
- Visit of this castle located in the heart of the Cathar country, and offering an impressive view of the Pyrenees.
- Pleasant medieval meal in a typical troubadour atmosphere
- Night in a traditional guest house in Montferrier
D2: Montferrier - Montségur, 14km and 1300m of E+.
- Trail on the tracks of the Cathar path which winds through a beautiful beech wood to finish facing the pog of Montségur
- Coordination work, reinforcement of development techniques in the mountains, sheathing...
- Visit of the castle and the museum
- Occitan meal with herbs and forgotten plants...
- Overnight in an inn in the village of Montségur
D3: Montségur - Lordat, 18km and 1200m of E+.
- At sunrise, last glance at the pog of Montségur before putting on your trail shoes
- The departure is given to join the pass of the talc quarry: a vertical ½ kilometer to survey this summit at over 2300m, then you will enjoy a break at the edge of a mountain pond
- Descent towards the castle of Lordat, also known as "the Cathar cemetery".
- Visit of the castle
- Transfer and night at the gîte des Cabanes
D4 : Lordat - Castle of Miglos, 17km and 1000m of E+.
- Nice morning trail up to the pass overlooking the peak of Saint-Barthélémy
- Passing near the rock of Miglos and visit of its castle known by the smugglers during the Second World War.
- Glass of conviviality at the Relais des Cathares before saying goodbye
D5 (optional): Roquefixade - Château de Foix, 17km and 800m of E+.
- After a beautiful night in the inn of Roquefixade, we leave by trail on the beautiful crest lines of the Pech.
- History of Chateau of Mont-Grenier
- Path from the Pech terraces to the town of the Count of Foix
- Visit of the town and the castle of Foix
The price includes
- Supervision by the hiking guide
- Trail coaching
- Pedagogical courses and techniques
- Civil liability insurance
- Guided visits
- Full board accommodation during the 4 days
The price does not include
- Drinks and energy supplements
- Repatriation and cancellation insurance (contact me)
- The fith optional day (119€)
- Accommodation in various cosy and authentic inns
- Possibility for a companion to come with full board in the hostels and enjoy the visits (299€)
- To be confirmed
- To be confirmed