Naturalist observation & animal photography of vultures (Drôme)
Duration : 2 days
France, Southern Alps, Provence
Level : easy hiking, beginner or advanced photography
from 210 € / p. from 1 to 6 personsInfos & Booking
In the heart of the Drôme department, griffon and bearded vultures have been reintroduced a few decades ago and are now easily observable in different places. They are a great subject to learn how to progress in wildlife photography.
This weekend of nature observation and wildlife photography that I propose is an opportunity to learn more about these birds and their behavior, and to practice shooting birds in flight, posed portraits, and group behavior. I will give you my technical and artistic advices and we will analyze together the pictures taken during the day.
Indeed, wildlife photography is an art. First of all, it is necessary to have the right equipment, a telephoto lens to be able to photograph the animals from far away as if they were close to us. Then you have to know the area, where to find the animal you want to photograph and what are the best points of view to spot it. Then comes the technique, to be able to capture a precious moment of life, sometimes in movement and to succeed in developing your own style of animal photography. There are many tricks to succeed in wildlife photography and I propose to share with you my experience with this course by photographing griffon and bearded vultures.
This weekend is for beginners or experienced photographers who are passionate about wildlife photography and have a telephoto lens.
If you wish to broaden your photography skills, I also offer a training in macro photography, especially of orchids and butterflies as well as a hiking and photo training trip in the Gran Paradiso massif in Italy.
- Two days of photo training in the Drôme with outings in the field, Saturday from 10am to 5pm and Sunday from 9am to 4pm.
- Discovery of vultures in the field, presentation and way of life of the four species present in this area: griffon vulture, black vulture, Egyptian vulture and bearded vulture.
- Training in bird photography: you will discover all the tricks and technical knowledge useful for a successful photo of a vulture. Emphasis will be put on composition, light and emotion to make your pictures more artistic.
The price includes
- Supervision by the mountain leader, professional photographer and trainer for 20 years.
- Picnics lunches.
- The photo training.
- Transport by vehicle.
The price does not include
- Transport to and from the meeting point in Drôme.
- Saturday's evening dinner and Sunday's morning breakfast.
- Cancellation insurance.
- Anything not mentioned in "The price includes".
No scheduled departure, but you can contact me to book your dates.Infos & Booking