Mountaineering in Bolivia : ascent of Huayna Potosi (6094m)
Duration : 3 days
Level : slightly difficult
from 395 € / p. from 1 to 10 personsInfos & Booking
Imposing pyramid of snow and ice, the Huayna Potosi stands at 6094 meters above sea level not far from the city of La Paz in Bolivia.
Although regularly climbed by tourist agencies, its ascent is not to be underestimated.
D1: La Paz - Paso Zongo route.
Visit of the Milluni miners' cemetery.
Snow exercices on the nearby glacier. Night in a refuge (4780m).
D2 : Climb to the high camp.
By a good path between the stones, ascent to the high camp at 5180 meters which is in fact a small and quite comfortable hut.
3 hours of walking.
D3: Ascent of Huayna Potosi.
The progression is varied although not very technical.
Arrival at the summit shortly after sunrise (5 hours of ascent), then back to La Paz.
The price includes
- Private transport La Paz - Paso Zongo (round trip).
- Supervision by the English-speaking mountain guide (1 guide / 2 people).
- The cook and complete food (breakfast, lunch and dinner), with drinking water at will.
- Carriers for transporting the bags.
- Collective equipment: rope, ice screws, crevasse rescue kit.
- Fees and other local charges.
- A small handcrafted souvenir.
- First aid kit, emergency oxygen, satellite phone...
|Number of participants||1||2 or 3||4 to 7||8 to 10|
|Price per person||780€||480€||415€||395€|
The price does not include
- Return flight to La Paz.
- The hotel in La Paz (but I'll be happy to help you book it).
- Sleeping bag and other individual mountaineering equipment (can be rented in La Paz at reasonable prices).
- Anything not mentioned in "The price includes".
- Refuge in Paso Zongo and high camp.
No scheduled departure, but you can contact me to book your dates.Infos & Booking