Initiation & improvement trail course (Beaufortain, Savoie)
from 340 € / p. from 3 to 6 personsInfos & Booking
Do you want to run along the most beautiful paths in the Alps?
Come and discover trail running in the heart of the Beaufortain massif in Savoie. This massif offers many incredible itineraries facing the Mont Blanc. What better way to discover trail running? The medium altitude mountain trails are ideal for learning to run in the mountains at your own pace. There are also many smaller, steeper trails that will allow you to improve your technique in mountain terrain.
Becoming autonomous in trail-running:
This course will be an opportunity to improve your running technique and your effort management in the mountains, to better understand the phases of ascents and descents on difficult terrain but also to learn how to use the poles in various situations. During the course and during the thematic evening, we will discuss training, nutrition and recovery after exercise.
This course is open to all. To fully benefit from this initiation and progression course, it is nevertheless preferable to have a regular running practice (once or twice a week). There will be no question of seeking performance during this stay, but to give you all the keys to progress in mountain running and especially to take advantage of an exceptional setting.
You will be supervised by a sports educator, a mountain leader specialising in trail-running and nature running.
Technicality: sometimes technical. Easy paths most of the time with occasional technical sections (ridges, scree, névés, steep slopes).
From 15 to 20 kilometres and between 700 to 1000 meters of positive change in altitude per day.
It will also be possible to extend the outings for certain runners depending on your feelings, your desire to go higher, further, to discover a new horizon, a summit or a lake.
For your information, I also offer a similar introductory and advanced trail course in the Vercors.
If on the other hand you want to discover the activity more gently, you can follow me for a trail discovery course. And if you want to go further, I recommend this magnificent 4-day trail in the Beaufortain.
D1: Ridge walk at the Parstire Rock (10km, positive altitude difference : 800 meters).
- Morning: meet at Albertville train station or at 9.45am in Beaufort.
- 10.30am: hike/run with picnic in the mountains.
- Afternoon: running in the mountains, adapting to the effort according to the terrain.
- End of the afternoon: installation in the refuge or in the lodge.
- Evening: conference-debate on trail physiology, preparation and training.
D2: Croix du Bonhomme pass refuge (15km, D+: 900 meters).
Hike/run with picnic in the mountains.
- Techniques of evolution in descent and ascent.
- Use of poles.
- Physical and sports preparation and stretching
Evening: conference-debate on nutrition and individual debriefing.
D3: Pierra Menta and the Presset refuge (18 km, D+: 1000m).
9.30am - 4.30pm: long hike/run with picnic in the mountains.
- Management of the effort.
- Physical and sports preparation and stretching.
End of the stay in Beaufort at 5pm or at Albertville train station at 5.45pm.
The price includes
- Supervision by the mountain leader specialized in trail running.
- Personalized coaching: analysis of objectives and development of individual training plans on request.
- Pedagogical and technical courses.
- Half board for the three days.
The price does not include
- Transport to the meeting point and from the end of the tour.
- The two lunches (picnic).
- Drinks and personal expenses.
- Anything not mentioned in "The price includes".
- Plan-Mya hut (6 persons dormitory, reachable by car).
No scheduled departure, but you can contact me to book your dates.Infos & Booking