Safari: Maasai village, Tarangire, Serengeti and Ngorongoro
from 1685 € / p. from 1 to 5 personsInfos & Booking
I invite you to discover the best of Tanzania during these 6 days!
After immersing yourself in Maasai culture with a day in a village, you'll head off on safari to discover the wild animals of the Tarangire and Serengeti National Parks and the Ngorongoro Conservation Area.
In the heart of these famous Tanzanian National Parks, you'll have the opportunity to admire exceptional landscapes, as well as numerous wild animals such as lions, elephants, giraffes, zebras, wildebeests, buffaloes, rhinoceroses, hippopotamuses and many more.
D1: Discovery of a Maasai village.
We pick you up from your hotel in Arusha after breakfast for a 3-hour drive.
You arrive around noon in the village of Ngare Nanyuki, where you spend the afternoon and evening in the company of its Maasai inhabitants. At the program: discovery of medicinal plants, spear wielding competition and Maasai dancing at sunset.
D2: Tarangire National Park.
Also known as the home of the elephants, the Tarangire National Park owes its name to the river that runs through it. It is a beautiful place where it is very easy to see elephants, giraffes, zebras and other herbivores. In the same day, you have the opportunity to see a variety of landscapes: forest, plain, savannah, bush, as well as the famous baobabs and acacias.
D3 to D5: Serengeti National Park.
The drive to the entrance of the park takes about 3 hours.
You explore the Serengeti National Park on the afternoon of the third day, the whole day of the fourth day and the morning of the fifth day, not forgetting the two nights you spend in the heart of the park.
The Serengeti National Park is the second largest game park in Africa with 4 million animals and nearly 15000km².
Known for the wildebeest migration to the Masaï Mara in Kenya, it is also renowned for the quality of the animals encountered: giraffes, hippos, as well as the famous Big Five (lion, leopard, elephant, buffalo and rhinoceros).
On the afternoon of the fifth day, you drive about 3 hours to the Ngorongoro Conservation Area and spend the night there in order to dive into the crater on the morning of the sixth day.
D6: Ngorongoro Conservation Area.
Early in the morning you descend into the crater to discover its unique landscape.
The crater is the undisputed jewel of the region and has a very high density of animals in a small area of 16 by 20 kilometers.
Indeed, in this small area, there are 25000 large mammals, including about 10000 buffalo, 7000 wildebeest, 4000 zebra, 3000 gazelle, 150 hippos, 50 lions, 30 elephants, 20 rhinoceros and other warthogs, jackals, hyenas, not to mention thousands of birds and, if you are very lucky, some cheetahs.
Ngorongoro is the second largest caldera in the world. Narrow winding paths lead to the bottom of the crater. You will be enchanted by the beauty of the landscape and the special atmosphere.
Return to your hotel in Arusha at the end of the day.
The price includes
- Supervision by the English-speaking safari guide.
- Return transfers from Kilimanjaro international airport to your hotel in Arusha.
- 2 nights in Arusha before and after the safari.
- Meals from lunch on D1 to lunch on D6.
- Mineral water and comfort drinks during the two days.
- The cook.
- Entrance and rescue fees in the visited parks.
- A pair of binoculars at your disposal.
|Number of participants||1||2||3||4||5|
|Price per person||3685 US$||2370 US$||1950 US$||1725 US$||1685 US$|
- From 6 people, rates on request as an additional vehicle is required.
- The programme is also available in lodge formula (contact me if interested).
The price does not include
- Tanzanian visa.
- Return flights to Arusha.
- Airport transfers if you can not get to Kilimanjaro JRO.
- Tips (per group: $20 / day / guide, $15 / day / cook if camping option. Rate to be re-evaluated according to your level of satisfaction).
- Bank charges for all payments by international transfer.
- Insurance and personal equipment.
- Anything not mentioned in "The price includes".
- In Arusha, 2 nights at the Green Mountain Hotel (or equivalent).
- D1: Original Masai lodge, with superb views of Kilimanjaro and Mount Meru.
- D2: Migombani campsite, a private campsite in Mto Wa Mbu with a swimming pool, bar and a breathtaking view of Manyara lake.
- D3 and D4: Nyani campsite, in the heart of the Serengeti.
- D5: Simba campsite, in the heart of the Ngorongoro Conservation Area.
- All camping equipment is provided, with the exception of a sleeping bag.
No scheduled departure, but you can contact me to book your dates.Infos & Booking