Tour of the lower Mafate's islets
from 470 € / p. from 1 to 12 personsInfos & Booking
Go for an short but unmissable trek and an unforgettable immersion in the mythical cirque of Mafate, in the heart of the Reunion Island. Along the 21 kilometers of hiking, between 250 and 1000 meters of altitude, you will climb a total positive difference in altitude of 1100 meters.
You will live a real Mafate experience, easily accessible from the west coast, discovering many islets of the cirque. This tour can also be done over 2 days.
The pick up is in La Possession. Car parking is available on request (optional).
If I am unavailable, a colleague from the Bureau Montagne Réunion Trek will take care of the supervision.
D1: Deux Bras - Aurère.
Departing from La Possession on the west coast. We take a 4WD taxi that takes us up the Galets River for 10 kilometers.
From the place called "Deux Bras", you start your hike on the GRR2 to reach the charming islet of Aurère, where you spend your first night in a lodge.
Duration: 4 hours, distance: 6.5km, positive altitude difference: 700m, negative altitude difference: 50m.
D2: Aurère - Grand Place.
After crossing the islet, the GRR2 takes you to the islet of Malheur, then the islet of Bourse, through gullies and forests. We reach the islet of Grand Place to spend our second night in a lodge.
Duration : 5 hours, distance : 7,5km, D+ : 400m, D- : 650m.
D3: Grand Place - Deux Bras.
You go back down to the Galets river to walk in its bed and discover its unique atmosphere and the refreshing Oussy basin.
You then reach Deux-Bras to meet our vehicle.
Duration: 4 hours, distance: 7km, D+: 0m, D-: 500m.
The price includes
- Supervision by the mountain leader.
- Accommodation in ½ board (night + evening meal and breakfasts), in gites or huts, in small dormitories.
- Transfers mentioned in the programme.
- Price calculated on a minimum number of 4 participants, guidance in French.
- Special requests (small groups, large groups, foreign languages): please contact me.
- For groups that have already been formed, the rates are degressive according to the number of participants.
The price does not include
- Picnic lunches (available as an option). I will advise you of the best ways to have lunch.
- Vehicle transfers other than those mentioned in the program.
- Drinks other than those provided at meals.
- Personal equipment.
- Personal expenses.
- Insurance and assistance (optional).
- Anything not mentioned in "The price includes".
No scheduled departure, but you can contact me to book your dates.Infos & Booking