Discovery of the lower Mafate
from 265 € / p. from 1 to 12 personsInfos & Booking
I propose you to leave for a superb discovery of the northern part of the cirque of Mafate, near the west coast and the capital Saint-Denis. After an approach with a 4WD vehicle by the Galets river, we walk in the heart of the Reunion island, between the islets, basins and rivers of the lower Mafate.
The pick-up is done at the parking of the Galets river, other places of pick-up are possible on request.
If I am unavailable, a colleague from the Bureau Montagne Réunion Trek will take care of the supervision.
Still in this beautiful cirque, I also propose four other treks:
- the loop of the high Mafate,
- the discovery of the high Mafate,
- the crossing of Mafate,
- and the tour of the low Mafate's islets.
D1: Col des Bœufs - Marla.
From the parking of the Col des Bœufs, at the top of the cirque of Salazie, we quickly fall into the cirque of Mafate. A quick descent leads us to the magnificent plain of Tamarins by taking the GRR3 trail. After a break in the shade of its trees, we continue our descent towards the Galets river to enjoy its fresh water. The path goes up then towards the islet of Marla, the highest islet of Mafate where we spend the night in a lodge.
Duration: 5 hours, distance: 7km, positive altitude difference altitude: 250 meters, negative altitude difference: 500 meters.
D2: Marla - La Nouvelle - Col des Bœufs.
After breakfast, we go back down the Galets river to the magnificent site of Trois Roches and its beautiful view on its waterfall. We go back up to the "plaine aux Sables", before reaching La Nouvelle, the biggest islet of Mafate, to have a meal. We finish our circuit by going to the Col des Bœufs via the GRR1.
Duration: 6 hours, distance: 10,5km, D+: 700m, D-: 450m.
The price includes
- Supervision by the mountain leader.
- Accommodation in ½ board (night + evening meal and breakfasts), in gites or huts, in small dormitories.
- The guarding of a vehicle.
The price does not include
- Picnic lunches (available as an option). I will advise you of the best ways to have lunch.
- Transfers other than those mentioned in the program.
- Drinks other than those provided at meals.
- Personal equipment.
- Personal expenses.
- Insurance and assistance (optional).
- Anything not mentioned in "The price includes".
- Mountain lodge.