Rock climbing trip in Meteora
from 2400 € / p. 2 personsInfos & Booking
Head to Greece to the incredible Meteora for a week of exoticism and vertical potato fields. Climbing the Greek pudding is a journey within a journey, to the gates of the Orient.
In the heart of Thessaly, more than a hundred conglomerate towers, some topped by Orthodox monasteries, draw a unique massif. Their steep walls are a tangle of pebbles of all sizes that allow a climbing often very affordable, in many routes from 100 to more than 250 meters high and in a level mostly between 5c and 6b.
Climbing here rhymes with exotic flavors, playful climbing, equipment from another era and a warm Greek welcome. In short, you will have a quiet week, climbing pitches by feel, just for the pleasure!
I also propose other destinations to climb in exceptional places:
D1: Arrival in Greece and transfer to Meteora.
Meeting in Athens in the middle of the day.
Departure from the airport for a 4 hour drive to Kalambaka or Kastraki depending on the place of accommodation.
Installation in the accommodation, dinner, etc.
D2 to D7: Multi pitch climbing route in Meteora.
During the whole week, multi pitch route climbing on the main peaks of Meteora, on incredible pudding towers and under the eye of improbable monasteries.
Climbing of one to two routes per day depending on the difficulty and length of the routes chosen (the routes are not very long, it is customary to climb two in a day depending on your motivation).
The program is elaborated according to your desires of the moment. Particular emphasis can be placed on training participants in techniques that will allow them to become autonomous on multi pitch routes.
The itineraries are selected according to the level of the participants, their expectations and the weather conditions.
Beers, ice creams and Greek meals will also be part of the program!
D8: Return to France.
Transfer by car from Kalambaka or Kastraki to Athens.
Then flight back to France.
The price includes
- Supervision by the mountain guide (or possibly a climbing instructor) specialized in climbing in Meteora.
- Return flights from Paris to Athens (other departure points available on request).
- Airport taxes.
- Organization of the trip.
- Transfert round trip Athens-Kalambaka or Kastraki.
- Rental of the vehicle.
- Accommodation in a hotel / gite / Airbnb according to availability and half board for the duration of the stay.
- Accommodation and travel expenses for the supervisor.
- Loan of collective equipment.
The price does not include
- Excess baggage on flights.
- Snacks for the outings.
- Meals on day 8 (except breakfast).
- Personal expenses (drinks, souvenirs, etc.)
- Your personal equipment.
- Cancellation, repatriation and first aid insurance.
- Anything not mentioned in "The price includes".
- Hotel, guesthouse or comfortable apartment in Airbnb in Kastraki or Kalambaka.
- According to your wishes and availability.
No scheduled departure, but you can contact me to book your dates.Infos & Booking