Climbing course in the Calanques of Marseille
from 430 € / p. from 2 to 4 personsInfos & Booking
For this climbing course in the Calanques, I propose you the winning combo: blue sea and white limestone!
Just a stone's throw from Marseille, a bustling and noisy city, the Calanques are a paradise for climbing pleasure. A bit like the gorges of Verdon, I miss the Calanques when I don't have my quota of heather and sea spray. Everything here is pleasure: the intoxicating smell of resin and thyme, the lines overhanging the turquoise water, the white and sticky limestone, a multitude of easy routes, etc. The multi pitch climbing routes are surprising, magnificent and most of the time very affordable trips.
Between Marseille and Cassis, and maybe a little further like in the Cap Canaille and on the Sainte-Victoire mountain, you will have the opportunity to climb one-pitch routes, multi pitch bolted routes, to practice traditional climbing, and some typical routes of the area. You will evolve in all that the Calanques can offer, according to your desires and the conditions of the moment.
D1: Evaluation of the level and expectations of each participant.
This day of initiation takes place on a bolted cliff.
We will review the different handlings, you will climb and have fun. We will take the opportunity to remind you about safety, to review or learn the basic techniques: belaying, making an anchor on a multi pitch route, progression, etc.
This day will take place for example at the rock of the Goudes, in the calanque of Sormiou, etc.
D2 to D4: Pleasure climbing.
We will evolve according to your desires and the level of the group. On the program: multi pitch routes, cliff climbing, crossings. Pleasure, autonomy and safety will be our guides during this stay. As with every course, the use of specific techniques and an attentive eye for each individual will allow you to enrich your climbing skills and to evolve in greater safety (abseiling, assisting the second climber, etc.).
We will climb in different areas, depending on the choice of our program: Morgiou and Sormiou calanques, Candelle, Devenson, Eissadon, near Cassis on the cliffs of the Cap Canaille, on the Saint-Victoire mountain, etc.
This program is a proposal intended to be adapted to each course.
The price includes
- Supervision by the mountain guide.
- Loan of the technical equipment necessary for the practice of the activity (ropes, quickdraws, etc.).
- Transport between the accommodation and the climbing sites can be done in common.
- Possibility to pick you up at the train station of Aix-en-Provence TGV or Marseille Saint-Charles.
The price does not include
- Individual equipment (shoes and harness).
- Lodging expenses.
- Food and drinks.
- Transport to and from Aix-en-Provence or Marseille.
- Anything not mentioned in "The price includes".
- Accommodation is free and at the trainees' expense: camping, gite, hotel...
- All kinds of accommodation possibilities depending on the season, in Marseille or Cassis, for all budgets.
- I can help you to organize your stay.
- To be confirmed
- To be confirmed