Multi pitch route climbing stay in Ailefroide (Hautes-Alpes)
from 430 € / p. from 1 to 4 personsInfos & Booking
In the heart of the Hautes-Alpes region, Ailefroide is a bit like our "baby Yosemite", only much less steep and more bolted!
It's true that cracks are rare here and that tufts of grass love to frolic about. So let's go to the big granite slabs, where small holds and foot placement flourish.
I propose these 4 days to discover some of the many multi pitch climbing routes of Ailefroide, with progression and autonomy in mind. With routes ranging from 3 to 15 pitches, of all orientations and difficulties, Ailefroide is a mecca for long-distance climbing, in a beautiful high-mountain environment!
D1: 1-pitch routes or short multi pitch route.
Meet at the Argentière-la-Bessée train station or in Ailefroide, 1 hour and a half drive from Gap and 30 minutes from Briançon.
This first day is an opportunity to take stock of everyone's skills and knowledge, and to build a common foundation for progress and safety on multi pitch routes.
On the program: belay technique, assisting the top rope climber, abseiling, etc.
D2: Multi pitch route climbing for educational purposes.
Today we climb a multi-pitch route, with the aim of learning the basics of this kind of climbing. We'll be looking at the different aspects of multi pitch route climbing: preparation, access, equipment, safety, progression, descent, etc. All of this will be useful for the following days.
It is also possible to do an advanced day if this is more suited to the level of the group (aid techniques for the second climber, use of removable protection, etc.).
D3 and D4: Multi pitch route climbing.
We go for multi-pitch climbs between 100 and 350 meters in height. The route is also chosen according to the level of the participants and the conditions of the day.
You practice the themes discussed during the first few days.
Depending on our wishes and the needs of the participants, we can also try trad climbing.
Important: The program is given as an indication only, and is designed to adapt to the expectations and level of participants, as well as to weather conditions.
The price includes
- Supervision by the mountain guide specialist of the region.
- Loan of all technical equipment required for the activity (quickdraws, ropes, rescue equipment, etc.).
The price does not include
- Transport o the Argentière-la-Bessée SNCF train station or to Ailefroide.
- Individual equipment (climbing shoes, harness and helmet).
- Accommodation, food and local transport if necessary (transport between accommodation and climbing sites can be shared).
- All drinks.
- Anything not mentioned in "The price includes".
- Accommodation is at your convenience, so you can arrange it as you see fit.
- The Ailefroide campsite is a fantastic base camp, right at the foot of the routes.
No scheduled departure, but you can contact me to book your dates.Infos & Booking