Ice climbing in the Hautes-Alpes
Duration : ½ day
France, Southern Alps
Level : from beginner to intermediate
from 60 € / p. from 3 to 6 personsInfos & Booking
Come and discover or rediscover this frosty activity that is ice climbing!
Unknown to many, it is nevertheless accessible to anyone who dares to take the first step.
In the heart of the Hautes-Alpes we'll be climbing on secure and fast-access ice falls. All you have to do is enjoy the pleasure of this fascinating material!
Here are some places where we can go to practice:
- L'Argentière-la-Bessée, on its artificial structure or not,
- Freissinières, a wild valley in the south Écrins,
- the school site of Aiguilles in the Queyras massif,
- and many other places to discover.
If you are in the mood for winter activities but the ice conditions are not optimal, it is also possible to spend together a nice day of ski touring in the Hautes-Alpes.
During this session, you will learn the basics of ice climbing, from putting on crampons to body positioning and balance, including the "swing" of the ice axe and much more ;-)
Forecast about 4 hours for this activity.
The price includes
- Supervision by the mountain guide.
- Loan of collective equipment (rope, ice screws, etc.).
- Loan of safety equipment (harness, helmet).
The price does not include
- Transport to and from the practice site.
- Possibly the price of access to the structure.
- Hire of specific equipment: boots, crampons and ice axes (contact me).
- Anything not mentioned in "The price includes".
- Possibility of accommodation at the hotel** Les 5 Saisons in Freissinières.
No scheduled departure, but you can contact me to book your dates.Infos & Booking