Ascent of Gran Paradiso
Duration : 2 days
Level : from beginner to advanced
from 230 € / p. from 1 to 4 personsInfos & Booking
I propose you to climb the Gran Paradiso, a beautiful summit of the Alps culminating at 4061 meters.
This summit is the ideal playground to achieve a first summit of 4000 meters of altitude! In addition to the sporting challenge, you will enjoy the beauty of the Gran Paradiso National Park with its lakes and beautiful glaciers. During the ascent to the hut on an excellent trail we are sure to see the symbol of the national park: the ibex.
These two days of mountaineering will give you a good dose of sensations and memories!
D1: Pont Valsavarenche - Chabod hut (2710m).
We meet at 11am about 2km before Pont Valsavarenche, on the car park of the path leading to the Chabod refuge.
After a gear check and a picnic, we climb to the Chabod refuge.
Positive altitude difference: 850 metres.
D2: Chabod hut - Grand Paradis summit (4061m) - Victor Emmanuel hut (2732m) - Pont Valsavarenche.
We start the night walk on the moraine by the light of the headlamp and we climb to the glacier. We will enjoy the sunrise as we gear up to continue the walk on the glacier.
About 50 metres below the summit, we leave the glacier for a short mineral section to reach the summit of Gran Paradiso (4061m) by a few vertiginous climbing steps.
Then we descend by the route that leads to the Victor Emmanuel hut where we will have a well deserved meal before continuing the descent to the village of Pont Valsavarenche.
D+: 1300 metres, D-: 2050m.
The price includes
- Supervision by the mountain guide.
- Loan of collective equipment (ropes, etc.).
The price does not include
- Transport to/from the meeting and separation point before Pont Valsavarenche, about one and a half hour drive from Chamonix.
- Accommodation in the hut for you and the guide.
- Meals in the huts, for you and the guide.
- Additional insurance (repatriation, cancellation, etc.).
- Anything not mentioned in "The price includes".
- Half-board for guests in rooms of 2 people: 60€ per person.
- Half-board for guests in rooms of 4 to 6 people: 56€ per person.
- Half-board guest in dormitory: 52€ per person.
- Half board guide: 40€.
- +0,50€ tourist tax.
No scheduled departure, but you can contact me to book your dates.Infos & Booking