Climbing course: fear of falling (Eastern Pyrenees)
from 225 € / p. from 1 to 4 personsInfos & Booking
I propose a course entitled "Fear of falling in climbing" which aims to better manage your fear and learn to fall. It is inspired by the program "Rock Warrior's way" by Arno Ilgner.
I have trained in this method and I would like to share it with you through this course that I offer on climbing sites located around Perpignan in the Eastern Pyrenees.
This course is suitable for experienced climbers who wish to improve their climbing skills as well as for beginners who will be able to acquire the right moves directly.
The 3 days of training can be consecutive or divided. You can propose me your dates, from April to October.
The course is done on a commitment basis: there is no group or third party, it is tailor-made according to your needs and your schedule.
You will have the opportunity to climb on my favorite climbing sites:
- Tautavel: located half an hour drive northwest of Perpignan, this village is known for its prehistoric remains. But there are also magnificent limestone cliffs, in a magnificent environment, on which are traced climbing routes of all levels and up to 40 meters high. You will find all types of profiles: vertical, slab, overhangs, etc.
- Vingrau: close to Tautavel, Vingrau offers a beautiful and immense limestone cliff of more than two kilometers long and rising above a magnificent landscape of vineyards. The climbing is often on slabs or walls, along hundreds of routes of all levels and up to 120 meters high.
- Opoul: 20 minutes drive north of Perpignan, the limestone cliff of the bees in Opoul offers dozens of routes from 4 to 7, vertical or on slabs, and up to 30 meters high. In addition to being located in a very beautiful environment, the site allows you to climb under the shelter of the Tramontane.
- Casteil: at the foot of the Canigou (an hour's drive east of Perpignan), this site offers a pleasant climbing experience in a bucolic setting on the river bank. About thirty routes (from 4 to 6, up to 60 meters high) are traced on an excellent granite, sheltered from the Tramontane. You can practice crack climbing here.
During this course, you will learn to:
- Falling through technical exercises.
- Manage your fear through a process of reflection and breathing.
- Rest to recover but also think and observe (trajectory, consequences of a fall, etc.).
- Evaluate the risks (fall ok vs fall not ok).
- Decide on an action (fully commit or stop).
- Take action: "When you rest, rest. When you climb, climb." (© Arno Ilgner).
- Belay dynamically.
And above all... have more fun when climbing!
The price includes
- Supervision by the climbing instructor.
- The technical equipment necessary to practice the activity certified "European Standard" (harness, helmet, descender, ropes, etc.).
- Climbing shoes.
- Souvenir photos.
- Training course with commitment: no group constituted, nor of third person. You come alone or with your rope-mates. This course is also custom-made according to your schedule. Suggest me your dates!
|Number of participants||Price per person|
The price does not include
- Transports to and from the climbing sites.
- Anything not mentioned in "The price includes".
No scheduled departure, but you can contact me to book your dates.Infos & Booking