Ski touring and sailing in Finnmark
from 4300 € / p. from 6 to 10 personsInfos & Booking
I propose to take you on a wonderful adventure in Norway, in the Finnmark region, to ski beyond the Arctic Circle. On board the comfortable boat Kamak, you will discover one of the northernmost places in Europe which is also a paradise for ski touring and sailing.
This trip is very different from what you can find elsewhere: we will get away from the classics to ski lesser known but equally interesting and beautiful slopes and peaks. My great experience in the polar regions combined with that of the crew will allow us to reach the fjords and the wildest parts of Finnmark.
Our means of transportation is the boat Kamak, a 24 meter sailing boat with great sailing and motor qualities, safety and comfort. It is equipped to be used as an itinerant base camp for ski-mountaineering, hiking, sea kayaking, diving, fishing, wildlife observation, astrophotography, etc.
On this boat I also propose other trips :
- ski touring in Lofoten, from Bodø to Tromsø,
- ski-mountaineering and wildlife observation in Spitzbergen.
10 days of ski touring, including every day:
- Drop off on the coast with the tender boat for the day's hike.
- No portage, the snow being present from sea level.
- Daily positive altitude difference between 800 and 1400 meters.
- Itineraries are chosen according to our desires, but also to the weather and snow conditions.
- No glacier terrain, but use of the techniques and equipment necessary for ski-mountaineering.
- Alternating beautiful runs and recovery.
- On the return from the races: time for rest, leisure, fishing, etc.
The price includes
- Supervision and organization by the mountain guide.
- All expenses related to the use of the boat.
- Full board, with wine and drinks included where reasonable (hearty, quality food).
The price does not include
- Return flights to Bodø.
- Transfers to and from the port and airport.
- Personal expenses.
- Anything not mentioned in "The price includes".
- On Kamak boat.